Torrance, CA - April 29 th , 2016 - Similar to the previous four-chapter long major expansion, Gran Atlas, released throughout 2015 – 2016, the new major expansion, Episode Atlantis is a three-chapter long expansion to be released for the game in 2016. The first of the three chapters, King Minos, will arrive on May 12th, 2016.
The following new features will be added to the game in this chapter:
1. Land Region Investigation: Using the Triangulation method to survey land areas and complete their maps.
2. Atlantis Treasure Hunt: Follow clues to discover ancient advanced technology and the legends about the fall of Atlantis.
3. Endless Dungeon: Explore the Labyrinth on the island Crete to fight increasingly difficult enemies and loot valuable treasures. The legendary Minotaur can be encountered as a boss.
4. Auto Navigation: Set your destination port and let the ship auto sail.
5. New Astronomical Object Discovery: Discover unknown comets, asteroids, and nebulas and name them...
In association with PiratesAhoy! and The Unicorn Preservation Society we are proud to present the HMS Unicorn Virtual Museum project. Our goal with this project is to create an interactive and ‘living’ ship that can be explored using VR devices such as the Google Cardboard, Saumsung GearVR, Oculus Rift, and more. We also plan to build a web front version for browsers as well for those without a VR device.
The model for the HMS Unicorn is being built in-house by our very talented modeler Christian Tornholm-Lehn for PiratesAhoy! for both the VR Museum project as well as the project Hearts Of Oak: Conquest of the Seas. Due to the detail of the model needed for both a museum quality replica and use for gaming it will be one of the most accurate 3d ship models made to date....
The build as well as the Cryengine itself has earned a somewhat bad reputation between myself, my development team and my friends. This isn’t unfounded either. The build is exceedingly buggy, crashing often, and stuck with a framerate that rarely exceeds 20 frames a second.
On top of that, the build itself is a reminder of our inability to realise my vision of a co-operative multiplayer game, as it is single-player only. With A.I standing in as crew-members aboard the player’s ship.
It was quite a surprise then, that upon returning to the build to play it, almost a year after it was made, that I found myself so genuinely lost in it. With enough distance from the original development process, I was able to truly appreciate the game...
Just a quick announcement here mates, we wanted to let everyone know that, effective immediately, @Captain Armstrong has been promoted to forum moderator! In the many years that he has been a member of these forums, Captain Armstrong's contributions have been absolutely invaluable to our community! His dedication to historical accuracy with ship models, naval history, uniforms, and far too many other category's to name, have contributed greatly to the feel of realism in New Horizons, GOF and Hearts of Oak! He is also a pretty decent bloke, and has spent quite a lot of his very limited and valuable free time helping other modders learn the trade by offering his advice on countless occasions. Please join us all in extending your heartiest congratulations to Captain Armstrong!
These forums tend to change quite a lot, and sometimes it is tough for us, the Admins, to notice certain changes or trends. We are all busy with other projects and tend to get caught up in...
Hi everyone, just a quick note to let everyone know that PA! may be down for a little while as I am changing the company that is hosting the domain. Nothing will be lost and as soon as the new company takes over I can update it's details to direct it to the hosting server.
11 classics including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM
Warsaw, March 29 - 2K, the publisher behind many of gaming’s most iconic series, debuts on GOG.com with a curated selection of 11 enduring classics at 50-75% off.
For a limited time, get up to 75% off bundled collections or 50% off individual titles, including:
– Railroad Tycoon Bundle — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3.
– X-COM Classic Bundle — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, X-COM: Terror from the Deep, X-COM: Apocalypse, X-COM: Interceptor, and X-COM: Enforcer.
– Freedom Force Pack — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich.
– Sid Meier's Pirates! — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.
"2K is a treasure trove of timeless masterpieces," says Oleg Klapovsky, VP of Business...