At their E3 press conference earlier today, Ubisoft announced a new pirate game titled Skull and Bones. The game is being developed by Ubisoft Singapore, the studio behind the naval systems in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, which seems to have been a major influence on the design of Skull and Bones. It takes place in the Indian Ocean in 1721, where you take command of your own ship and can sail around an open, connected world by yourself or as part of a "gang" of pirates with other players, fighting and looting other ships as you go.
A preview of multiplayer gameplay was shown at the conference, which you can watch below:
Here's a behind-the-scenes video from the development team explaining more about the game:
The game is scheduled to launch in late 2018 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
You can find out more about it here:...
Translation into the first non English language - Russian is almost complete! Other languages to follow hopefully. (Over 900 sentences takes time!). Players will be able to select a language at the title screen which will convert all text in the game and menus.
The game has gone under the first round of beta testing and had bugs...
"All Hands Ahoy!" free DLC is now released for all owners of the game. In addition to this, Blood & Gold itself will be discounted on Steam for two days 50%. Grab it while you can!
This update brings a good question — what's so good about being a pirate? We got you covered with this video:
Full update notes:
- Illegal horse races with no rules — ask Suspicious man about them if you're interested.
- Story campaign — pirate adventure about love, revenge, rise to power and killing Spanish governors.
- Unique city locations for each faction.
- Adult content in pirate taverns — be sure to turn it off, if you're playing with kids.
- City raids — if you need some money and have some thugs in your party, but you don't feel like risking everything for a siege attack, this is an option for you. Quickly raid a city, killing innocent people and grabbing everything of...
Torrance, CA - April 29 th , 2016 - Similar to the previous four-chapter long major expansion, Gran Atlas, released throughout 2015 – 2016, the new major expansion, Episode Atlantis is a three-chapter long expansion to be released for the game in 2016. The first of the three chapters, King Minos, will arrive on May 12th, 2016.
The following new features will be added to the game in this chapter:
1. Land Region Investigation: Using the Triangulation method to survey land areas and complete their maps.
2. Atlantis Treasure Hunt: Follow clues to discover ancient advanced technology and the legends about the fall of Atlantis.
3. Endless Dungeon: Explore the Labyrinth on the island Crete to fight increasingly difficult enemies and loot valuable treasures. The legendary Minotaur can be encountered as a boss.
4. Auto Navigation: Set your destination port and let the ship auto sail.
5. New Astronomical Object Discovery: Discover unknown comets, asteroids, and nebulas and name them...