• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug 01-01-1801 CTD

Swordsman422

Landlubber
Hello,

I have just started playing build 14 3.2 and I am running into a problem with the year changing. I am playing the Master and Commander storyline with a start in 1800. However, when the date changes to 1801, I get a crash to desktop. I did several tests and it does not matter what screen I am on or mode I am playing. Invariably as soon as the calendar rolls over to 1-1-1801, the game will crash. I have tried several saves. The crash is somehow related to the date.

Thanks.

Huh. The M&C storyline has been around for years and I can not recall this problem ever happening. Where would the clock be anyway?

The specific time of the clock doesn't matter. I have been in open sail, spent the night at a tavern, been on the world map. The crash happens right before the daily status data is given, right at the bell chime.

In my previous game, I never had any issues with the new year, so I am rather stunned that it should be showing up. Only things I have changed are the availability of some ships in certain time periods and the year in which the M&C story starts.

I am going to set a game to start Dec 31, 1800 and see what happens.

---> Oddly enough, that worked just fine. The calendar rolled over without a crash.

My save must be corrupted somehow. I guess I will start over. I have only been plying for a day or so anyway. I was working my way through the Elizabeth Shaw quest. I wonder if that had anything to do with it...

Last edited:
Why yes. It says the following...

RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_monsters.c; line: 794
missed attribute: pistol
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_monsters.c; line: 794
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: quests\quests_check.c; line: 426
missed attribute: win_condition
no rAP data

hey ho

i started a new game yesterday and i have a similar problem. Game crashes on August 25th,1750 - standard storyline
error log:

"RUNTIME ERROR - file: quests\quests_check.c; line: 426
no rAP data"

Build Version: Friday 16 May 2014
Build 14 Beta 3.2

i was on the way to cayman with a trading quest (1 month time for the quest) quest-fail-date is 09/12/1750 (mm/dd/yyyy) (i think).
Dont know if it has anything to do with this, i just posted it here because its the same error swordsman422 had.

savegame attached.

i did not change anything except the key config

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea August 24th, 1750.rar
    560.6 KB · Views: 94
EDIT: i was just reading some other bug reports and some1 requested 2 other .log files...

so if it helps..

Attachments

• errorlogs.rar
    1.6 KB · Views: 90
soo i tried using a older save (before i accepted the trading quest).
1. I started another trading quest (la grenade -> bonaire)
2. got there (before 25. august)
3. finished the quest
4. went to the tavern, slept there 4 nights or so until 25.august
- game crashed exactly on 25. august
5. copied errorlogs and savegame-> see attachments

the only quests i have are
---recconnoiter captured speightstown city
---trading quests (none was active in the tavern-crash)

PS the logs clearly say:
-Quest name error FOUND in CommonQuestComplete
-RUNTIME ERROR - file: quests\quests_check.c; line: 426
no rAP data

so i opened quests_check.c with editor -> go to line 426:
" trace("Quest name " + quest.win_condition + " FOUND in CommonQuestComplete");"

so its a quest name error in " FOUND in CommonQuestComplete" ??
im sorry i dont understand the code, maybe someone does and can repair it?

Ah. http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/potc-build-mod-14-beta-3-2-quest-error-no-rap-data.23834/

but im not sure if i should install a WIP

Attachments

• error logs 2.rar
    3.8 KB · Views: 90
  • -=Player=- Bonaire. Kralendijk tavern.rar
    575.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Huh. I've played through the Sea Hawk storyline on Beta 3.2 twice with nothing like this.

EDIT: Just tried the first save and it crashed with the same error.

Last edited:
No. I just fired up my old beta 3.2 install and started a new game to see if I can repilicate your problem, but got the leather is contraband bug. Will start another game.....................

Indeed I have seen that "quest name error FOUND" message as well, which makes absolutely NO sense.
In any case, I do recommend you get the latest Beta 3.3 WIP first, before trying anything else.
Link in my signature.

OK, i hope this will not happen again. i got the WIP3.3, started a new game and nothing did happen so far (already level 20 haha)

the leather contraband bug didnt occur to me. besides the quest bug there was only the custom-bug- when you start a new game choosing your "gamestyle" like merchant/corsair/custom - the points you selected in custom didnt apply ingame- instead ive got random points. but this is already fixed in WIP3.3 because you cant choose custom anymore -as far as i know.

PS: when can we expect a new final version for Beta 14? A "most stable and balanced version"

the leather contraband bug didnt occur to me. besides the quest bug there was only the custom-bug- when you start a new game choosing your "gamestyle" like merchant/corsair/custom - the points you selected in custom didnt apply ingame- instead ive got random points. but this is already fixed in WIP3.3 because you cant choose custom anymore -as far as i know.
Indeed Custom is gone, because it doesn't work. But you have a LOT more choices now to compensate.
Custom does still work with Auto Skill System OFF.

PS: when can we expect a new final version for Beta 14? A "most stable and balanced version"
The latest Beta 3.3 WIP release was from this weekend. How often do you want your updates!?!? o_O

Indeed Custom is gone, because it doesn't work. But you have a LOT more choices now to compensate.
Custom does still work with Auto Skill System OFF.
Yes, no need for the custom mode :)

The latest Beta 3.3 WIP release was from this weekend. How often do you want your updates!?!? o_O
hmm i should have said "..a final version for beta 14" as i understand it beta 13 is the most stable out there. when can we expect that state from beta14?
You know.. it would be cool to have a working game with all those features and not always have to fear a CTD or an error in storyline because i did something not intended.
I really do respect your work. its totaly awesome, words cant even describe it^^ but id rather play a game where all major bugs are fixed instead of taking the newest version, play, get an error, see the fix in the next update but have to start a new savegame. maybe its the case and im just not lucky because it happened to me like 4 times now. My opinion. but hey, its feedback- something devs always want, right? :D

There will never be a finished version of Build 14 until we stop working on it. The base build is stable. It is the latest additions that need work, and they are being worked on.

We have been trying to work towards a "finished" Build 14 for a long time now. Still aren't get there.
It doesn't help that there is virtually nobody available to fix the issues we do know about.
The only time we really made a "jump" in playability was last year when I had plenty of time on my hands due to a broken hip.
I.... uhm.... don't intend to repeat that.

In any case, I do try to do what I can to make sure that all newer Build releases are not worse than the previous ones.
Doesn't always work, but I do try. Beta 3.2 contained some unfinished stuff, but the Beta 3.3 WIP restores that to its former "glory".

Back