• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

14b1: Beckett keeps his door locked

Captain Tom

Landlubber
So I'm playing build 14 beta 1, and I've ran into a little problem with Cutler Beckett.

The whole quest was going smoothly without any problems, untill he gave me 10.000 to go and make profit on. Well, I then made some money (by selling captured ships and their cargo) but upon trying to re-enter his office, the door is always locked! I tried returning at other times of the day, or with more money, but that didn't seem to help...

Where could I find my suddenly-turned-shy employer? :D
Thanks in advance!

i had this problem, his door was always lock till i had 100% profit dont know why lol. try goin back with a stupid amount of money oh and apparantly the amount you had with you when he gives you the 10000 facters in too

Which storyline are you playing:

Mings - Brotherhood or Brock- Brinckley

Also where was Cutler Beckett when he gave you the 10,000 to make a profit on

In the EITC office or in Speightstown tavern

The amount of money you have on you when you go back to him ( or how you got it ) should not stop the door from opening - it should only change the task Cutler Beckett gives you next.

:mm

The storyline would be Brock-Brinckley, and Beckett was sitting in his chair in his office (at first he wasn't, but as the secretary-guy said, he was there when I came back) when he gave me this task.

Sometimes when you go back to Beckett with the profits on the 10,000 the EITC door is closed. Why :shrug

Threats and fights in Port Royale Town Centre can interfere with the EITC opening.

Best thing to do is go to a save just before you go back to Jamaica to see Beckett & start from there.

When you arrive at Port Royale jetty - to test if EITC office is open use Fast Travel to Store or Tavern or somewhere - if EITC is open it will not take you there but drop you just inside Port gate. ;)

Sometimes it also works if after you find door shut you go to a save on arrival at Port Royale jetty and use Fast Travel - dropped at Port Gate - EITC door now open
Why :?

If you had been doing one of the storylines where Beckett gives you the 10,000 in Speightstown tavern - then there should be a Quest book update when you arrive at Port Royale.

Whoah, fantastic! As the door closed behind my back after taking his 10.000, I fast-traveled to the port, and upon fast-travelling to the store I found myself at the entrance gate. I ran up to his office and it was open! :D
Thank you very much for the quick and very helpful answers :)

:cheers

You need to enter the port for it to see that you have left to go and make profit, so if you never entered the port it would never have unlocked the door (might need to change this though :shrug)

Why don't you use an ExitFromLocation on Redmond town for that instead of an Enter Location on the Port?

And that is why your the brains of the operation Mr. Boelen :yes

I will implement that right away ;)

:rofl
Well, can't think of everything yourself. Hell, that "Reload with Fists" thing I have not been able to fix for about half a year at least!

Back