• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug 1st boarding black pearl deck

agentad

Privateer
Storm Modder
when we board the black pearl at the end:

the first deck has black pearl missing texture (it looks like iron instead cause it cant load his texture) it happens only on the main deck

when barbossa die, we cant go cargo or even take teh ship, it starts directly the ending video and then you appear on sea with your ship and the black pearl sink

too bad for rp purpose :(

the first deck has black pearl missing texture (it looks like iron instead cause it cant load his texture) it happens only on the main deck
Open system.log and check what missing textures the game reports. Then copy those texture files into RESOURCE\Textures\Locations\decks\BlackPearl .
Strangely though when I set the Black Pearl as my player ship and went onto the ship's deck myself, the textures for the deck worked just fine.
Maybe the problem comes from BOARDING the Black Pearl so it is not technically YOUR deck, but the OTHER ship's deck?

when barbossa die, we cant go cargo or even take teh ship, it starts directly the ending video and then you appear on sea with your ship and the black pearl sink
Really? But... but... There is this code in place to PREVENT just that!
Code:
        case "Story_KillTheFinalBoss":
            AddQuestRecord("Into_the_temple",6); // SA
            if (ENABLE_FLAGS == 1) iForceDetectionFalseFlag = 0; // KK
            if (CheckAttribute(Pchar, "HaveArtefact")) DeleteAttribute(Pchar, "HaveArtefact"); // KK
            bQuestDisableMapEnter = false;
            SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("Danielle"), true); 
            SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("researcher"), true); 
            // PB: Trigger video only on the worldmap to allow capturing the Black Pearl -->
            // DoQuestCheckDelay("Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2", 5.0);
            Pchar.quest.Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2.win_condition.l1 = "MapEnter";
            Pchar.quest.Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2.win_condition = "Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2";
            // PB: Trigger video only on the worldmap to allow capturing the Black Pearl <--
        break;

case "Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2":
            DelEventHandler(EVENT_END_VIDEO,"LaunchMainMenu_afterVideo");
            PostVideoAndQuest("standard\ending",100, "credits");
        break;

case "credits":            
            PostEvent("DoInfoShower",100,"s","");
            PostVideoAndQuest("common\English\credits", 1, "end_game");
        break;
The ending video shouldn't start until you go onto the worldmap!

thats strange indeed it never happened before that version, and i cant reload just before so i will try again the storyline

about the missing texture: its just on the 1st boarding deck (i board them !)

EDIT

nevermind i found that in the file (really huge this time)

Can't load texture resource\textures\LOCATIONS\DECKS\BLACKPEARL\FIGHTBORTOUT.TGA.tx
Can't load texture resource\textures\LOCATIONS\DECKS\BLACKPEARL\FIGHTDECK4.TGA.tx
Can't load texture resource\textures\LOCATIONS\DECKS\BLACKPEARL\FIGHTBORTOUT.TGA.tx

Then copying those files should solve the problem of the missing textures I hope.

Can anyone confirm that Black Pearl boarding video problem STILL hasn't been fixed despite my attempts? :modding

about the black pearl boarding and some other bugs it happens sometime "randomly" restarting storyline or just a good savegame fix it sometime (in previous beta version it had no bug, and i havent tested a second time on this new beta yet

i think after my big math exam tomorrow i will focus fully on the main standard storyline to be sure everything goes good

out of subject:

also minor detail in one rp talk when we talk to "jaoquin de masse" for the first time during the animist quest, you char say "to {island_isla_muelle}!" or something like that (i always forgot to report it and i notice it too much myself XD

also is there a way to add like 200 or 300 hp to every townguards and animists (especially the animists who are REALLY weaks :/ ) ?

The Black Pearl boarding deck has been broken for well over a year and I quit complaining about it, but every now and then someone else will notice it.

i reported it one time a year ago, the most strange is that its in a "double deck" boarding scene, everything is ok but the deck meant for the black pearl :(

next time i see it, i screen it ;) and will confirm it with the exact logs

also minor detail in one rp talk when we talk to "jaoquin de masse" for the first time during the animist quest, you char say "to {island_isla_muelle}!" or something like that (i always forgot to report it and i notice it too much myself XD
Do you know the exact sentence that's in? Should be a quick fix if I can find it.

also is there a way to add like 200 or 300 hp to every townguards and animists (especially the animists who are REALLY weaks :/ ) ?
I think the problem is that pre-set characters have pre-set HP values, which are "high" early in the game but not so much after your own HP and skills have been increasing.
It IS possible to give them an HPBonus setting though.

The Black Pearl boarding deck has been broken for well over a year and I quit complaining about it, but every now and then someone else will notice it.
Really? I must have misunderstood then.
Could you detail EXACTLY in which instances the textures are missing and when they're not? Because it seems a bit of a sporadic issue; sometimes it DOES work.

Joaquin de Masse says that at the end of our conversation in the Port Royale church after the fight with the Animists. It is his last sentence methinks.

The Black Pearl boarding deck with the missing textures is the first deck you go to to start the boarding fight at Cozumel. That might actually be your deck and the next one is the Black Pearl. Sometimes the next one has missing textures and sometimes it is normal, not the Black Pearl.

Joaquin de Masse says that at the end of our conversation in the Port Royale church after the fight with the Animists. It is his last sentence methinks.
Do you know the words of the sentence? That would allow me to do a Windows Search for the words contained within.

The Black Pearl boarding deck with the missing textures is the first deck you go to to start the boarding fight at Cozumel. That might actually be your deck and the next one is the Black Pearl. Sometimes the next one has missing textures and sometimes it is normal, not the Black Pearl.
Your OWN ship's deck, eh? That could mess things up even further.
We need to know for the entire boarding sequence exactly who boards who, together with a system.log for each step's missing textures.
That way hopefully we can figure out the logic behind what is happening. :facepalm

Of course it is you boarding the BP. The BP never boards you.

It will be a long time before I can do anything about this as I am currently sailing a fleet of Spanish ships in the year 1668. I only do Cozumel 2-3 times a year.

So when you board the BP, what boarding decks do you get? Specifically, how many outside decks?
Do you get a ship-vs-ship deck as well? Does that come before or after the single deck boarding?
Which deck models are being used in the first place? And which one doesn't have textures?

Umm, I remember two decks. You start on the smaller frigate deck, fight there, and go up the ramp to the larger deck with the axe imbedded in the door and two chests. From there you go down to the holds. For sure the smaller deck has missing textures and the 2nd one varies from standard to black in different games.

Would you be able to use the GM Viewer on RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\decks to recognize the actual models involved?

I went through all of the decks and this one, udeck, is the only one that looks close. I included the full screen so that you can see the path I used for textures also.
Black Pearl boarding deck.jpg

Is that indeed what happens in the game then? Textures on one ship, but not on the one next to it? That would explain things, of course.

On the lower deck the cannons have missing textures and the larger deck..................the last time I did it that deck had standard textures. Before that I remember missing textures.
The lower decks show full textures just like they do in game.

thats exactly the screen ! good catch hylie :D i confirm that our deck is ok, and we see the other one like "ghost" XD

i am currently rushing the animist quest to say what sentence has a little error ;)

Back