• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm 2 bugs

colmaniac

Sailor
I have 2 bugs, 1, when restarting a new game it asks me to overwrite the prev save, this causes a runtime error, I fixed this by going into the save game folder and deleting the save game.

bug 2 is when moving on land in either mode walking/running or fight mode I cannot side step, I changed the keys to left and right arrow keys (I pref using arrow keys to move), it didnt work, I changed the keys back to asqw I still cant move side ways. ATM im running the jack sparrow story line

when restarting a new game it asks me to overwrite the prev save, this causes a runtime error, I fixed this by going into the save game folder and deleting the save game.
Overwrite the previous profile, I assume?
Shouldn't cause a crash really. Unless perhaps the file named "options" in your main game folder became corrupted.
That happens sometimes, so you could try to delete it and then a clean one will be made again.
You'd have to restore your custom settings afterwards though.

when moving on land in either mode walking/running or fight mode I cannot side step
Open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and change the 0 on this line to 1:
Code:
#define SIDESTEP_ENABLED         1     // You can use sidestep during the game (NOTE: No collision detection!)
While the feature still exists, it is disabled by default because we got sick and tired of people constantly complaining about how it isn't perfect.

We know! :razz

ok thanks, ive done a full uninstall and reinstall, may be a bad file see how it goes, yea it crashes on over write, I deleted the save game files but on starting a new game it kept coming up with save game error and also wouldnt to a manual save, so restarting again.

ok, retesting, game runs ok now, but I still cannot save, getting quick save error and trying a manual save doesnt work either.

Back