• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released 20 gun privateer schooner

Does any of the following names sound good to you?
Code:
string = Schooner1,"Gaff Schooner"
string = SchoonerMod,"Topsail Schooner"
string = SchoonerModN,"Naval Topsail Schooner"
string = SchoonerUSA,"Baltimore Clipper"
string = SchoonerModAdv,"Advanced Topsail Schooner"
string = SchoonerSq,"Squaresail Schooner"
string = SchoonerSqN,"Squaresail Schooner"
string = Schooner3M,"Grand Schooner"
I have her set up as SchoonerUSA,"Baltimore Clipper" at the moment.

well thats probably most accurate, though she was built in New York city, not Baltimore. Do I need to use an exsisting name?

You don't have to, no. It's just easier. You want "Heavy Naval Schooner-Brig" instead then?

Nice looking ship and would be so awesome to see in the game, can't wait for her to be finished. Hows she coming along bud?

Thanks! She should be in the latest build release.
The files should be ready for a coas, but idk when
That's being released( I only have POTC)

No problem bud, i will export her over to COAS, just hate exporting the walk files because they work differently in COAS, but shouldn't take to long.

It's already ready to go into CoAS. There are CoAS files a few pages back. I have everything in except the walk files. Can't seem to find where they go.

Oh ok thats even better, as for the walk files they have to be ported over to sailorpoints files which are located in "RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships\SAILORSPOINTS" this takes a while to port over in less another ships sailorpoints file will work in which case its easy, take a copy of the sailorpoints file you wish to try and rename it to the ship ie Schooner1 (must have 1 at the end) and then the crew should be walking some where onboard the ship.

Do you not use the Walk File Converter program to convert walk files to sailorspoints? That's the quickest way to get a working file which fits the ship accurately.

No the last time i ported a ship over the convertor didn't work correctly, it would convert the file to a sailorpoints file but the game would be very laggy. If ported manually the game would run fine, or using another sailorpoints file from another ship (only works really on ships that use the same model though and all rigging etc is in the same place) Looks really creepy watching one of the crew climbing a invisible mast lol.

Oh right, I thought I heard something about that before. It seems to work properly when converting sailorspoints to walk files, but not vice versa. That's pretty annoying. :facepalm

Yep, it was a nice feature which would have made converting the walk files very easy but sadly COAS is very fussy and for what ever reason the convertor isn't able to do one entery type that the sailorpoints work from, but does read the entery (as i can see) it alway's successfull converts them to walk files.

Cool, downloading now then. Thanks Craiggo, been busy all day so didn't get chance to get anyting done myself.;(

The masts for the PDN have come under criticism for being the wrong colors in GOF2, so I fixed them. I also cleaned up some bad ropes that got left over and did not go anywhere. There are 2 files here. The big one for GOF2 and a small one containing just the masts with the ropes removed for POTC.

This is the GOF2 file.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/R9lDTA7v4E/COAS stuff/COAS repaired ships/PDN.7z

And this is the POTC file.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/JOUDEL3rEt/repaired ships/after beta2.2/PDN.7z

Back