• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed 200% Hull ?

ANSEL

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
7 January update. This is what happened last I visit the Shipyard.

Attachments

• seadogs2_0000.jpg
    seadogs2_0000.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 271
Uhm... @pedrwyth, any clues?
Not straight off.

@ANSEL what was the sequence, did you arrive at the shipyard with damage to make up and got repaired to 200% (presumably the interface would say up to 100%) or were you already at a >100% on arrival? Did you pay extra or anything else unusual happen? Have you a saved game before the event (or after to see what the logs and ships log have top say).

Something interesting in "Ships_init.c". "Lateen Caravel" is "Caravel1" when you're playing Arcade mode. It has 1250 HP, MaxCrew 78, MinCrew 13 and 'refShip.Model = "Caravel"'. Other ships with 'refShip.Model = "Caravel"' are "Caravel2", with the same HP and crew; and "FastCaravel", which is supposed to be Bartolomeu's version "Santiago", with 2500 HP, MaxCrew 120 and MinCrew 24.

The odd thing is that the screenshot shows boosted HP but not boosted crew.

@ANSEL: did you at any time acquire Bartolomeu's caravel, either by playing the "Bartolomeu" storyline or by painting the caravel into "Good upwind performance. Blood-red and bright eyes bode ill for Bartolomeu's victims"? Did you at any time have excess crew as well as excess HP? Apart from showing odd numbers in the shipyard, you might notice that the ship's status bars while sailing are black instead of blue and red.

Last time I saw something like this, it wasn't as drastic, and it was crew, not HP. I was playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk", and had just received Anacleto's ship. The ship had a little over 100 crew and a little over 90 MaxCrew, because the old code had given me a ship with the default unmodified crew of a "Pinnace1" and the MaxCrew modified for a Dutch version, which is 90% of normal MaxCrew. The immediate effect was that the crew status bar was black. The longer effect was to cause me to rewrite the code which gives you Anacleto's ship. :D

I can´t trace the problem down. It seems like it repaired it self. Can't find any
savegames with 200% hull.
I had a "Lateen Caravel" but I chance it to another "Lateen Caravel" at Vanderdeckens shipyard( the one he have was a better one)
I sailed to Jamaica and repaint and upgrade the ship, then it happens (200% hull).Thats all I remember, guess I have to wait for it
to happen again.:sparrow

That would be it, then. "Lateen Caravel" comes from the ship's entry in "common.ini", which in turn comes from the "refShip.SName" line in "Ships_init.c", which for both the stock Lateen Caravel and Bartolomeu's variant is "Caravel1". The improved one you got from Vanderdecken would be the Bartolomeu version with double hit points, and that's where you got your 200% hull if you then repainted it back to the stock version.

@Pieter Boelen, @Bartolomeu o Portugues: any objection to removing the line 'refShip.Model = "Caravel"' from the entry for "FastCaravel", so that Bartolomeu's version is not repaint-compatible with the stock caravel, or for that matter anything else? That ought to prevent this error from happening again.

@Pieter Boelen, @Bartolomeu o Portugues: any objection to removing the line 'refShip.Model = "Caravel"' from the entry for "FastCaravel", so that Bartolomeu's version is not repaint-compatible with the stock caravel, or for that matter anything else? That ought to prevent this error from happening again.
Repainting between ships with different stats indeed tends to cause trouble.
So if the stats are different, either they should be made the same OR repainting should be disabled.
In this case, the stats are deliberately different, so I fully support removing that repaint option. :onya

Can you confirm this is added to the game?

Easily enough confirmed. A quick check of the version of "Ships_init.c" included with the 31st August installer shows that the entry for "FastCaravel" has the 'refShip.Model' line commented out. That means other caravels can't be repainted into Bartolomeu's version, and vice versa.

The version which is going to be in the next update archive has all such entries commented out because "caravel1" has a different sail layout to "caravel2", so they're not the same ship and should not be repaint compatible either.

Back