• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

2010 Info on Starforce AOP

CrisGer

Powder Monkey
I looked for this forum to find out for sure if the SuperMod will enable us to run AOP without activating Starforce. I cannot use SF on my system as i will not risk the damage.

As I understand it from reading the thread above, about SF, if we load the game basic to 1.42 and then run the SuperMod, we will not have to add the 1.43 and 1.50 patches as they are included in the SM and also SF will not be installed?

When i just loaded the game today, i saw the starforce warning screen and uninstalled it right away. And came looking for this forum.

If i wanted to patch up to 1.50 without the mod first just to see what the base game looks like is there anywhere to find the 'Protect" NoCD patch for 1.50? i saw it mentioned in post or two but the links dont seem to be working. thanks for any help on all of this. Just had to be sure about the SF situation.

Starforce is indeed one of the worst and potentially the most destructive forms of DRM ever invented, unfortunately there are probably more of its ilk coming down the road. Software companies simply never learn! It's the primary reason this community never did a lot of modding work on AOP.

You can find the official 1.5 patch for the game on FileFront
Try this link for the NO CD 1.5 mate : Game Burn World

Just to make sure Starforce isn't active on your system, look for these files in your C:\Windows\system32\drivers directory :

sfdrv01.sys
sfhlp02.sys
sfsync02.sys

The actual numbers in the file name may be different. Also in your registry, look for these entries "sfdrv," "sfhlp," and "sfsync," delete any string containing them. There is an official removal tool HERE, but I prefer to make sure for myself. I hope that helps mate! :dance

I vaguely recall that the most recent patch for AoP also removes/doesn't include Starforce.

Also, the Supermod posted here contains the latest fixes, mods and also a no-Starforce patch:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-pirates-supermod

Supermod should install without issues. It does remove Starforce, if I recall.

Hi Pieter Hows things?
I got the game running with patch 1.5 , I install supermod but the game dont say its running supermod? says Version 1.43 is running? I got city of abanded Age of pirates 2 on the way. Is that better than age of pirates caribbean Tails?

Back