• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help 2560x1080 Support (UltraWide)

niels

Sailor Apprentice
Hi,

I have a little question, I am getting a new game pc soon, and ofcourse a new monitor so I wanted to know does the build mod support 2560x1080? Also know commonly as ultrawide.
Quick question off topic though, how to the buildmod perform on Windows 10?

LG 25UM57-P <- Name of the monitor.

I have a little question, I am getting a new game pc soon, and ofcourse a new monitor so I wanted to know does the build mod support 2560x1080?
Run Config.exe and see if it is any of the options in there. Can't remember that specific number.
If that option isn't there, manually editing engine.ini may still work.

I've been running the Build in 1600x900 for many years now and that works fine.

Quick question off topic though, how to the buildmod perform on Windows 10?
See here: POTC and Windows 10 | Page 3 | PiratesAhoy!

I'm running the now somewhat obsolete 2540x1440 resolution fine on an iMac...didn't have to do anything, the Build Mod installed and used it straight away :) I can't imagine 2540x1080 would be any different as it's slightly more common with UW and retina monitors becoming more widely used. Just go for it and manually change the number as Pieter suggested.

EDIT: if you're buying a HDMI monitor which is 2540, it may be very different from an iMac running bootcamp since there's extra Apple software at work which essentially forces software to be compatible with the hardware. I'd check out Apple and MS forums to see if you can isolate the driver(s) responsible for your card and of course anything related to this monitor and 10's Compatibility. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
The resolution isn't actually as relevant to PotC as you'd think, since you need to run it in windowed mode anyway if you want to tab out of it. It'll crash otherwise.

HDMI is not recommended for gaming as it does not have the band width that DVI does. This makes the monitor a bottleneck in the system.

Back