• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

2D Artist, C++ and Java Scripter, and well... countless hours on the UDK.

Imperial

The landlubber
Storm Modder
I lack the input of writing something that has a sense. So I'll avoid writing something when I'm particularly indisposed. If you need hands for the project, I'm all in for it.

Armada did you read my thread and you've decided to make a general annoucement on Moddb? I feel flattered that I've convinced ye' bunch o' people.

Anyway, a guy that I know has replied to your tread. And for God Almighty, check his profile to see the terrain that he created at my request.

He also has a heightmap ready. http://www.moddb.com/members/lordmalacath/#3125757

:ahoy

First things first. What is needed is realistic water and ships that interact with it in a believable manner. There are other groups working on similar projects, but they concentrate on eye candy while leaving reality behind.

Armada is on vacation now and out of touch for 2 weeks. Could you get your friend to post here?

I'm here momentarily but will be unavailable next week, I expect.
I made the announcement just before going away to Amsterdam, and ironically I've only just seen your other thread. The announcement was overdue, anyway, and we're all eager to get started!

Those are some impressive landscapes your friend has made! Very authentic-looking even at this early stage.

Well, I had almost forgotten about it due to my workload here, but I've finally managed to contact LordMalacath on ModDB.
Apparently he's busy at the moment, and will let me know when he's available to help out, so we might have ourselves another coder fairly soon. ;)

Great going, Armada! Now all we need is a ModDB profile with amazing announcement post and people will flock to us! Right? :wp

Aye, that's the idea! Let's just hope it works... xD

Right now I am learning tutorials of the UDK, and because I am totally into this (really enthousiastic) I would like to apply for this recruitment. Not that iam a real game developer but i red that you can use any help you can get.

Well, I don't see why not. Enthusiasm is essential for this project to succeed, and if you're already trying to figure out the UDK, that's even better! Welcome to the team. :cheers

I noticed you're interested in the Game Development Document; as a Modder you can access the 'Work in Progress' forum to help out with the first drafts, if you wish.

Well, I don't see why not. Enthusiasm is essential for this project to succeed, and if you're already trying to figure out the UDK, that's even better! Welcome to the team. :cheers

I noticed you're interested in the Game Development Document; as a Modder you can access the 'Work in Progress' forum to help out with the first drafts, if you wish.

Thank you armada I am looking into it now :)

If you want to help with the scripting that would be great! Have you ever programmed before?

If you want to help with the scripting that would be great! Have you ever programmed before?
I am sorry Hammie I need to disappoint you I have never really programmed before. I have seen friends doing it so it's not completely new to me :). But learning it a bit or take some work out of your hands would never hurt .

I am a fan of the build mods and i would be interested in learning how to use the UDK kit to help with this project :)

Back