• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

2D texture artist + some experience in 3D modeling and general game modding

taro8

HoO Team Member
2D Artist
Provisional
Hey guys I just wanted to say Im a self thought 2D artist. I mainly dealt with textures for models (including UV maps and such) using photoshop. I also did quite a bit of 3D modeling (Milkshape 3D and recently Blender), but that wasnt for hugely detailed games (Medieval Total War 2 in particular). I also did a bit of modeling for Skyrim. I can create stuff like shields swords. I really good at modifying already existing stuff, combining it and such, I just need some base to work from. Recently I bought a graphics tablet, but I still need to learn ow to use it properly.

Some of my recent MTW2 stuff:

Woo2wYg.jpg

xXFPomq.jpg

vrSvuHM.jpg

2XKqNlB.jpg

NyBSXE6.jpg

3AH3IES.jpg

JVWCO61.jpg

31rzGie.jpg

My Skyrim armor (from combined and hevily edited stuff, texture is my work for the most part)

T4cXYYm.jpg

Some of my other Skyrim work (its the helmets, shields and texture work on armors)

KCpb47N.jpg

X00UVvN.jpg
NcmJX5Y.jpg
iDw9SX8.jpg
1QNY66m.jpg
avM9KCs.jpg
OUPPsf8.jpg

A random drawing I did after getting graphic tablet, traced model for the most part.
boromir__my_first_ever_digital_drawning____thingy_by_taro8-d87gkqp.png

This is a stuff I had at hand.

Aside from that I played a LOT of games and I have somewhat decent overview on game mechanics and such.

Last edited:
Ahoy taro8, good to see you again mate.

@Ashinokami is another 3D coordinator, he handles mostly architecture and scenery, and @superdurnius if those are what you would be interested in. We could certainly use someone with your skillset to help us in many areas. Is there an area you would like to focus on mate, or just what we need?

Welcome aboard!

Clothing! Finally! Sure would be nice to see the test character model running around in something other than body armor.... If you get a chance, take a look at the UMA system for Unity. It looks like the process for clothing should be fairly straightforward for modelers, but someone needs to take that first step and try doing one. Could be right up your alley.

Before we start making clothes we need body. Im not good with human body though.

Back