• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP 32 gun frigate USS Essex, 1799

Thanks, I'll add the images ASAP. Am I right in saying we can replace RN_Frigate and US_Frigate with these Essex models? If so, I can reuse their slots on the interface images. :cheeky
And on that note, should we also remove US_Lydia from the next release? Or do we need to wait for a replacement?

I can't quite remember: Why did we not replace those two frigate models with the Rossiya?

The US_Lydia is the only Lydia we've got left. Are there any other substandard VCO models you remember us having per chance?

Armada- we can definitely replace the RN_Frigate and the US_Frigate with the Essex, and take out the US_Lydia too! :D The Essex replaces all of those models well, the Revolutionairre and Hebe are both signifigantly more powerful and will fill a gap in sizes of frigate classes between the Essex and the Constitution that currently isn't filled by anything-historically accurate or not.

Pieter, I think we didn't replace them with the Rossiya because they are late period paint schemes, but now that the Rossiya is historically accurate it isn't encounterable in the late periods. There weren't any other frigates between the surprise and the constitution in size, so the late period paint schemes were left in.

I can't quite remember: Why did we not replace those two frigate models with the Rossiya?

The US_Lydia is the only Lydia we've got left. Are there any other substandard VCO models you remember us having per chance?
As Captain Armstrong said, RN and US_Frigate are meant to be late-period ships, so they have different rigging and more modern paint schemes, more akin to Napoleonic frigates.
The Rossiya, on the other hand, is an earlier vessel with a very different design, so could not be a straight replacement. The Essex is far more similar.

Apart from the Lydia, I think the only other VCO model we have is NL_Batavia. We don't have a suitable replacement for that one, though.

Is it just me or does the FR_Essex look a bit strange? Looks like she's got a US bow and stern colour scheme with an RN colour scheme for the hull.
Also doesn't seem to match with the interface screenshot. Somehow.

Oh right; I had missed that. I was thinking there was a texture missing because that white was so white it might as well have been grey. :facepalm

It WAS grey before we added the missing US_Windowtrim texture. ;)

Hum. I'm really straining to see ANY sort of "window planking" detail there in the GM Viewer. That's why I was confused into thinking there was a texture missing again. :facepalm
Those Frenchies really have no sense of style! :whipa

It is there, it's just not very detailed. I'm sure Captain Armstrong will improve it eventually.

Speaking of stylish sterns, just wait 'till you see how far I've got with the Bellona! :cheeky

Back