• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3D Artist application

Arnau De Oliveira

Landlubber
Hi, as the title sais i'm a 3D Artist. I studied 3D character modeling for videogames on an online school, then since I wasn't quite pleased with all I learned because of lack of "content", I decided to study by myself other kinds of modeling.

Said that, I already did some 3D weapons, characters, tried with cars and now I'm looking to do ships. Actualy i'm studying graphic design but I would like to apply here and help as much as I can while I do my studys. Would most likely work slow but without stop, since i've also got homework.

Of course, I'm not searching for a paid job, just trying to expand my knowledge of 3D and videogames. Looking forward to get accepted!

Hey, nice to meet you.

Any examples? of your work?

What do you prefer?

Weapons modeling (character equipment), ship modeling, maps (props) or characters? We really do need someone to be able to model characters and animate them...

How are you with textures? Photoshop skills?

Hey, unfortunately some of my works on 3D and almost all of them on Photoshop got lost because of corrupt HDD, but I'm gonna post the photos of the stuff I did new and what is left. The 3D stuff is all made on high-poly, and I also know of retopology and texturing, though I have to work a little harder about that.
About what I prefer, I don't really care what I have to do, I just want to learn about all kind of stuff. Learning is life, they say

Hand_high.png
Sword_1_High.png
Kodachi_high.png
Sin título.png

Last edited:
Awesome.

You would fit the best for character modeling. @Armada should direct you to right people to talk about character modeling stuff, like skeleton and animations...

I'm the guy you need to talk if you want to start with weapons and guns. Tho, not every decizion is nailed yet, so only rapiers are "working". PM me if you are interested in this. I'll explain all the stuff for you.

Ahoy there! Welcome to the forum. :woot

Indeed character modeling would be the most useful, but if you have any personal preferences, we can take those in consideration as well. :doff

Welcome! As @Ashinokami has said, we would love to have your help with character modeling and costuming. @Giony is currently working with the UMA system in Unity and starting the process of creating all of the animations, I imagine he would love the help with getting the first character working.

Okay, then I will finish the character I already got started and then search a little about UV maps and skeleton for animation (since it's something I don't really know much about) so I can help with that! If necesary I can post photos here as how it progress.

We have the skeleton already, we just need clothes and accessories (hair, facial hair, boots, jackets, pants, etc) that go on their own version of the skeleton so we can build accessories for the setup. @Giony can probably describe it in better detail

Back