• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3D Artist - recruitment post

DanConroy

Landlubber
Hello,

My name is Daniel Conroy and I'm looking for an active team to join so I can attempt to help and better my skills as an artist.

I'm 30, from the UK and I currently work for Facepunch Studios on Rust. Art wise I'm mostly a hardsurface artist, but always happy for a challenge.

Anyway, heres some work examples : http://danconroy.wordpress.com/ and some bits and bobs on here : http://danconroy3d.tumblr.com/

You can grab me on skype if thats any use daniel_conroy or steam DConroy.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum, mate! :cheers

Have you got any ideas what type of things you would like to model?
Characters, buildings, items of some kind?

If you have the skills to model characters, that would be very welcome! However, whatever you would like to build you are quite welcome to do so :) welcome aboard!

I have only really worked on one character head in my time. Its in my on going project section on my portfoilo.

I'm more comfortable with vehicles, props, weapons and environment work as that's what i do day to day in work.

Also thanks for the kind words about my work ODemuth.

Let me know if I can help with anything and I'll get to it right away!

Welcome DanConroy!

If you could help with natural environment on our first test island, that would be awesome!

Short additional Info for natural plants etc: A very good texture ressource is http://cgtextures.com/ and please note to create ever the plants with breakable trunks (easy, only a closed mesh of the trunk) an touchbending leaves (easy too, all leaves with the same UV gets a branch_helper minimum 1 till 3 // other leave UV -> next branch helpers).

Hi Dan,

At the moment we're in need of all kinds of content including ships, weapons, buildings and smaller props.
Let us know which of those interests you most, and we should be able to find something suitable for you to make. ;)

Hi Dan,

At the moment we're in need of all kinds of content including ships, weapons, buildings and smaller props.
Let us know which of those interests you most, and we should be able to find something suitable for you to make. ;)

As I said in the first post anything thats hardsurface based really.

So everything you just said really :p

Any chance to let him take the models from the pack we got and bring them into the game? That would be GREATLY helpful. Not a lot of hand making stuff but bringing them up to slightly better model detail.

You mean the Twilight of the Sun King models? We certainly do need someone to get those exported.
I think you need Blender to work with those models. Does anyone know if/where the models were uploaded?

Tbh I'd rather be creating new asset if thats ok with everyone here.

I've spent my time sorting others people work in studio jobs before and I'd rather push myself as an artist.

In that case, you might just want to pick something that tickles your fancy. :cheeky

Welcome Dan, and hello guys, let me propose:
1) of small outside props we need various lanterns (will provide references), most other outside stuff is already taken.
2) all kinds of furniture (will provide references)
3) long term project - buildings: townhouses or countryside shacks (have refs on forums)
4) long but interesting - ship, contact Post Captain for that.

From my side, we are pretty well-covered on ships for the initial development on the game.
Town buildings, on the other hand, would be very useful indeed for immediate use in our Pre-Alpha work.

Back