• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3D Modeling

RafaelCL

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Provisional
My name is Rafael been a modeler for a while now, using Blender to do my work. Had fiddle a bit with Unity3D, not knowledgeable but its not a strange environment for me.

cXgEb7c.png

JFEci2w.jpg

Ahoy Rafael, welcome aboard mate!

Nice models you have there, are weapons the modeling area you would be interested in working in? @Ashinokami or @Captain Armstrong are our 3D modeling coordinators and one of them should be along shortly.

Hy man; Can do weapons, small and other props and architectural modeling too.

Last edited:
We could certainly use all kinds of models, I just wanted to know if there was anything specific you would prefer to work on. I believe @superdurnius is working on some weapons, he may have something for you. One of the coordinators should be along shortly.

Looks like you have done some great work!:) I coordinate only shipbuilding here, so all of the things you mention fall into Ashinokami's realm-I'm not sure why he hasn't come along yet. But we have plenty of need for weapons, miscellaneous props, and buildings, and can get you started on something soon! Do you know much background info on the time period?

@RafaelCL, until @Ashinokami shows up with something for you, if you want mate, feel free to go ahead and start on one of the basic flintlocks of the time period, roughly 1700-1800. The exact year is not really important as we plan on adding later and earlier periods. I ran across a pretty good list of flintlocks with some decent pics on an antique dealers web page, just to give you a good idea : Ambrose Antique Guns, Antique Firearms, Guns, Firearms, Antique Weapons, Antique Arms & Antique Armor, Antique Armour--Flintlock Pistols

We will need weapons from several different country's so for now, just pick one that you like and have at it! if i can be of any further assistance in researching, please let me know.

Hi Rafael and I agree with Thagarr, with such nice skill in hardsurface, weapons look perfect area to start with. Of course I can find some buildings if interested, but a pistol is bit easier to recreate from first sight in my opinion, and can look way nicer with regular geometry only.

Ok, going to start into weaponry; going to do something from 17th cent. look promising enough, on that link.

Awesome, let us know what weapon you choose mate, and if you need any assistance with anything.

How about early-mid 18th century if possible? The initial Time period will be the seven years war of 1754-1763

Hi @RafaelCL, I've now added you to the 3D Artists group so you can access the resources in the Development forum. The Weapons sub-forum is the place to post any progress you make on pistols and the like.

Beautiful pistol mate, excellent choice! :onya

Back