• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3D object creator

Redwolf05

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Provisional
Hello, i only recently found out about your game and got interested as i used to play POTBS for some time.
I am an architecture student and have some experience with the creation of 3D objects and i would like to try and help you guys in any way i can as i enjoy the theme of the game very much. If anyone of the leaders could direct me as to how to do that i would be very grateful.

Your architecture experience could be used to create some more building models... I hope one of coordinators will see this thread and write everything in more detail...

Ahoy Redwolf05, welcome aboard mate!

@JOVE23 is our Buildings and World Objects coordinator, he should be along shortly.

Hi Redwolf, welcome!

@Ashinokami is also in charge of architecture modelling, and should be able to offer you an assignment.
I've set you up as a provisional 3D artist.

Welcome to the team, mate! Your help will be much appreciated. :onya

Well thank you people for the warm welcome first of all.

Ok that's good, i mainly work in Rhino 4 which is a nurbs based modelling program but i also can do stuff in 3ds max. So far i have worked only on my architecture projects and didn't really had to deal with polygon limits. And from what i understand in order to have a well optimized game you need to get the best quality with the least polygons. Tips on how to do this will be much appreciated.
If the admins want to give me a project to see where i stand in terms of modeling quality it will be well received. Also as i'm new to this forum and to game asset creation in general i would like to know how to contact anyone in order to get an assignment?

Small workshed (s), as per earlier request of RobinPC. Map already have 3 2-story buildings; now there is a need for smaller ones so the former won't look like sore thumbs.

Good call! That would indeed be very useful. It'll look great together! :woot

Back