• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed [4.1] Build 14 beta 4.1 Sao Jorge Trader quest crash

Meitnerium

Sailor Apprentice
Hello,

its time for me to create a list of bugs again as I started to play this game from the beginning again. Great modification as always. This time the game froze up when I went to the store in Sao Jorge and asked the trader for a trading quest. Here are the logs

Opium is overpowered, you can consome them as much as you want and unlock all perks if you want.

Death FX Sounds are still not fixed. Killing enemies doesn't trigger them.

Here are the files for the Sao Jorge bug.

I will continue looking for bugs

Edit: Strange. Sao Jose bug doesnt occur anymore. Must have been a random cause.

new bug: I sent my officer to observe the coast guards. He did not return. I waited 3 days

Last edited:
its time for me to create a list of bugs again as I started to play this game from the beginning again. Great modification as always. This time the game froze up when I went to the store in Sao Jorge and asked the trader for a trading quest. Here are the logs
No logs attached.

Anyway, it is indeed a random bug that somebody else also reported a few days ago.
See here for my recommended fix: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...uterres-in-sao-jorge.27828/page-2#post-546648

Opium is overpowered, you can consome them as much as you want and unlock all perks if you want.
@Levis, this one is for you.

Can anyone confirm that one? Last time I played the game, I do recall hearing them. At least sometimes.

I will continue looking for bugs
Much appreciated! Don't forget to have fun too. ;)

Fast Travel to my Ship crashed the game. Here are the logs

Attachments

• compile.log
    45.5 KB · Views: 167
  • error.log
    910 bytes · Views: 158
  • system.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 159
It also could poison you and it can decrease your max health. So if you are going to force it to get all the perks you will probably end up with some loss in health also. Or you die because of poison.
If you refer to the fact you can just reload and try again when something weird happens thats true, but if you want to exploid the game that way go ahead.
Besides that opium only unlocks the perks. Unlocking perks isn't that hard. It's just an other way of unlocking them because maybe some playstyles wont allow you to unlock all perks otherwise.

new bug: I sent my officer to observe the guast goards. He did not return. I waited 3 days

Did you got any questbook entry? Sometimes they are caught, the questbook will tell you so then.

@Meitnerium if possible please also install the zip which is listed under extra installation in the 4.1 topic.

Another random game crash. I wanted to go to San Jorge Port using the City Town gates (without fast travel)

Regarding to coast guards, the quest journal says only that he should be back tomorrow...

Attachments

• error.log
    273 bytes · Views: 198
  • compile.log
    11.7 KB · Views: 157
  • system.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 168
Opium never poisoned me, but I did lose some hp. Doesnt matter though because I drink potions a lot and most enemies cant one hit kill you on swashbuckler difficulty

After installing the zip my save data isnt compatible anymore. What do i need to do?

Fast Travel to my Ship crashed the game. Here are the logs
No clue from the log files, unfortunately. :(

Another random game crash. I wanted to go to San Jorge Port using the City Town gates (without fast travel)
This one does have a weird issue:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: dialogs\English\Debug.h; line: 1
Duplicate variable name: DLG_TEXT
@Levis, wasn't that your file?

This one does have a weird issue:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: dialogs\English\Debug.h; line: 1
Duplicate variable name: DLG_TEXT
@Levis, wasn't that your file?

Yes, but without context I can't do anything about this. Mostly this shows up if a other dialog file has an error.

I cant upload my save file here. It says

The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.
The uploaded file is too large.

I have installed the zip a few seconds ago. Alas, my game saves are incompatible now. Waht can i do?

I cant upload my save file here. It says

The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.
The uploaded file is too large.

I have installed the zip a few seconds ago. Alas, my game saves are incompatible now. Waht can i do?
The new zip requires a new savegame because of some of the changes.

Opium never poisoned me, but I did lose some hp. Doesnt matter though because I drink potions a lot and most enemies cant one hit kill you on swashbuckler difficulty

I completely agree with @Levis here: I would generally not trade max health to unlock perks. Potions are not the end of the importance of health, and I never find it necessary to unlock perks that way.

If you want a locked perk, just hire officers of that type, many will have that perk already taken and unlocked.

Or do the quest to unlock it. But give up max health? Perks being locked is a fun roleplaying reason to do things, not some real limit on the player's power.

And it is a fun mechanic to have an alternate means of unlocking those perks if he player doesn't want to do the quest.

In other words, I agree with @Levis , the current system is fine and balanced, and allows flexibility for players.

Also opium can give you a perkpoint. But it's only a 15% chance to get one. Again it could also affect your max health (10%).
Still the total of all perks together is more then 100 points so there is not problem in having a few perk points more if you want ;).

I think the fact that it is an isolated Easter-egg type mechanic helps it in terms of balancing. Players can't really bump into it without wanting to, if they use opium this way, they clearly want the effects on their game. If they use it a little bit, then it will just have a cool little effect they want, if they use it a lot, they could have used the console, and players like me will probably just avoid it. Trying to balance every isolated Easter egg type mechanic would take fun out of the game, the general mechanics need to be balanced, but not the little side fun things.

In regards to death sounds, its actually pretty rare. I just fought a bunch of people in the jungle, and nay a sound was made when the 6 bandits died, nor when my navigator died.

Hello,

This was fixed in another topic right?
Fixed - Crash from Cargo Quest: Martinho Guterres in Sao Jorge | PiratesAhoy!

See discussion below. In the latest levis_fixes I tweaked the values a bit so you have a bit less chance for possitive effects (its now 5o/5o possitive vs negative)

please make a seperate topic about this

new bug: I sent my officer to observe the coast guards. He did not return. I waited 3 days
See Confirmed Bug - Sending officer to look for coastguard crash if leaving location to soon | PiratesAhoy!

Last edited:
Back