• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug [4.1] Old bug Thief Knife pickpocket farm

Meitnerium

Sailor Apprentice
Hello,

I tried the oldschool thievery and managed to get a thief knife as a lvl2 character. After that, you are able to pickpocket street vendors and gain 600k gold/2min. You alarm the city guards and the whole city but zero fucks are given because you can either escape or just get killed and respawn in a tavern without any harm.

sandbagging and stealing them while theyre inconscious is surely another possible way to become a king.

or you can play honestly and buy sandal logs from Bridgetown and sell them in Jamaica and gain 1,200 per log (sometimes price shows 224 per log, but if you sell just 1 log, the prices get refreshed and you can sell all at once for much more whicch is strange - bug?). With a newbie ship you can always earn around 200k/3min.

Izi game.

btw...Id be really thankful if you fixed the death sound fx problems,too.

Last edited:
When you alarm the town guards, your current location is locked and there is no escape until you have dealt with them all.

Do you have any recent ZIPs also installed?

The trade system we won't fix now. A overhaul is planned for this system to make it completly dynamic.

The problem with the thief knife is not really a problem. if you think it's to easy set your respawn rate to 0. There will always be exploids in systems, we can't fix all of them. By setting your respawn rate to 0 you can remove this exploid if you think it shouldn't be there.

and @Meitnerium I don't see a bug entry about the death fx bug so I have no idea what you mean with that. Please make a bug tracker entry for it.

Hello,

I tried the oldschool thievery and managed to get a thief knife as a lvl2 character. After that, you are able to pickpocket street vendors and gain 600k gold/2min. You alarm the city guards and the whole city but zero fucks are given because you can either escape or just get killed and respawn in a tavern without any harm.

sandbagging and stealing them while theyre inconscious is surely another possible way to become a king.

@Meitnerium - see the discussion in this thread about this :- Feature Request - Respawning in tavern damages skill | PiratesAhoy! :doff

:drunk

Because of that topic I'm going to close this one.

Back