• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm [4.1] Visits to Bonaire keep making me talk to myself

Ketchup

Sailor
Every time I go to Bonaire's port, I get the option to go to a captains ship, or leave it until later. I have completed the quest to save the girl from the pirate and have the sword, but this only started after The Claire Larrouse quest. I said we should part and then I took on the Sink the Vogelstruijs, and since then every time I go to Bonaire port I get the talking to self dialog about going to the ship.
EDIT:: when I go to the ship, I cannot move, and the option is locked to go back to the port.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea February 5th, 1752.zip
    983 KB · Views: 140
The quest case that gets triggered is "to_ship_of_Bernardo_Gamboa".
There are only three reasons that could happen:
1. Straight after you started the "Saving Toff Oreman's Daughter" sidequest
2. Again if you decided not to trigger it the first time (this keeps looping until you do the quest)
3. If you tried and GOT KILLED, so you can try again

I have absolutely NO CLUE how you could have gotten into this bizarre situation.
But executing this through console should put an end to it:
Code:
DeleteAttribute(pchar, "quest.to_ship_of_Bernardo_Gamboa");

I am marking this as "Not a Bug" as I cannot see how this can possibly happen.
My assumption is that some very bizarre things are happening with your game, causing inexplicable results. :confused:

Every time I moor at Kralendijk, dialogue appears in which I have to choose if I want to go to the pirate ship or not even when I have already completed the quest. If I decide to go to pirate ship, there is only Natalia Oremans and I can't go anywhere from the ship. I have attached the save just before mooring.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea April 5th, 1754.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
Somebody reported this before and I investigated it back then.
It did indeed happen on his savegame, but I have NO CLUE how this could possibly be triggered.

EDIT: I found the original thread and have reopened the issue.
Still, I don't understand how this can happen at all. :modding

Yes.
I started the quest at Toff Oremans.
I went to the pirate ship, talked to the pirate and then killed him.
Then I talked to the girl and then returned to Toff for the sword.

Were you at any point killed by the pirate (or his companion), then resurrected and returned to the ship?

@Grey Roger do you know the questcode for this quest well?
Could it be a location quest is set or something like that? maybe that must be removed after the dialog?

When I investigated this, I honestly had no clue how this can possibly happen.
Apparently it somehow does though. But how??? :shock

The quest code is scattered between "quests_side.c", "blaze_dialog.c", "Toff Oremans_dialog.c", "Bernardo Gamboa_dialog.c" and "Tanneken Oremans_dialog.c".

Normally it should be pretty linear. But if you get killed on the ship, there's provision for you to return. That way, if you were resurrected to the tavern, you get to try again.

Normally it will be Bernardo Gamboa who challenges you. If you visited the governor first then Corentin Lucay, Gamboa's sidekick, turns against him and fights for you, so the only way you can be killed is by Gamboa. But if you did not visit the governor first then you'll be fighting both of them. If you now kill Bernardo Gamboa and Corentin Lucay kills you, and you are resurrected, you get to return, and now it will be Corentin Lucay who challenges you.

I don't know the code in detail but tracing through it, I can think of exactly one extremely unlikely scenario in which you could return to the ship and find nobody. You kill Bernardo Gamboa, Corentin Lucay kills you, then in the moments before resurrection starts, one of your officers kills Corentin Lucay; or perhaps you killed Corentin Lucay and the officer killed Bernardo Gamboa. In that case the trigger to return to the ship will have been reset as usual but with both Bernardo Gamboa and Corentin Lucay dead, there's nobody left to challenge you. But in that case you wouldn't have been alive to talk to Tanneken Oremans, return to the tavern and collect the sword. :modding

what about disabling resurect for the fight?
It's possible to disable ressurect right @Pieter Boelen ?

@vojtaniz do you remember if you maybe died once when trying it?

Guess we need someone to play trough this quest :p.
@Joer would you be able to help us and tell us if you can replicate this bug?

You'll have to remind me in detail which quest and on which storyline this is about. I don't really remember every single quest and quest choice in the game out of the back of my head :p

Back