• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide 500.000 Pesos Quest "False Trace"

Black Sam Bellamy

Sailor Apprentice
At Level/Rang 10 i went to Tortuga and a man called Adam Rayner came running to me to offer me a job about boarding a galleon loaded with silver bars in a random harbour.
So i prepared my ship and crew for that and waited near the random city with raised pirate flag on the world map till a ship with pink coloured sails showed up on the world map (about 14 days all together).
I boarded it after i reduced the crew with grape shot and the captain told me that Adam Rayner was lying to me and that he doesn´t carry any silver bars. I decided to believe him and put him in the hold.
After talking to Adam in my cabin by using the speech menu, i talked to his wife Katerine and decided to believe her. So i made a deal with the captain in the hold to arrest Adam.
Now you should save your game at sea before returning to your cabin because you have to fight against Adam by using the speech menu again, before you can arrest him.
After you can meet the captain at a nearby shore (read quest log) and he tells you the truth about a spanish galleon loaded with gold bars that is sailing out to Europe from Maracaibo.
Again you have about 14 days time to prepare for boarding it. I changed my Lugger to a Corvette in the shipyard of Saint Pierre (save and reload before asking) and hired as much sailors with high skills in fighting and canons in the tavern of Saint Pierre and Le Francois (half amount from each one) as i could get because a heavy fight is awaiting you.
I waited between Maracaibo and Willemstad on the world map till the galleon with pink coloured sails showed up and entered to sea mode.
You have to fight against 2 ships now because the galleon is guarded by a corvette. So i only concentrated on the galleon and destroyed the crew with grape shot befrore boarding. After a fight through 2 shipholds i killed the captain and took 800 gold bars before i sunk the galleon.
Then i destroyed the sails of the enemies corvette and sold the gold bars to the most offering shoptrader who gave me 500.000 Pesos for that.
This was a really satisfying experience for me:dance

Well, there are two other paths and more satsfying. At least one of them. Also, you made a bad deal selling the gold bars as soon as you got them. The price for a gold bar is normaly over 900 peso at Willemstad. You should have earned 720.000 peso, but the prices drop after capturing a ship with a certain merchandise. For example if you capture a ship with coffee, the prices you can sell coffee for are halved or so for a time. This is available for every merchandise including gold and silver bars. The solution is to store the plunder for a while.

I took the path to return the wife to Adam. I didn't liked the officer's attitude and his wife attitude too. Adam gave me a real tip that time about a pirate crew that plundered a mine and the loot is huge.
After that I sold the english captain to an english governor for another 30.000 or so.

Adam and his wife are obviously made to be together. Not to mention that a tough and succesful pirate like Adam could had any woman he liked, so the bastard really love his wife. :)

A third path is to kill the officer during the boarding, then Adam's wife ask you to kill Adam in front of her and she'll tell you where Adam's treasure is. The treasure is indeed there and is worthing maybe like 400.000, but you'll soon see what Adam's wife is made of. :)

Last edited:
i had him come to me, but i turned him down and didnt take it, cuz im in the middle of the Pirate Saga, stuck trying to find Henry the Hangman.....

@ad5ian

For me the profit of 500.000 was more than enough at that moment and also i would never decide to give back a wife to her husband if she tells me that she doesn´t want to have him back.

The person you are searching for is called Charlie Knippel and his house is located left from the pier. Your rang shall not be higher than 15 for that quest.

Back