• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A brand new Jack Sparrow model for POTC

CaptJackSparrow

PSYCHEDELIC PYRATE
ok, you know, i have always wanted to be able to be Jack Sparrow, but i think it would be cool if you could make a new skin for Jack in the game. my suggestion, the one that i think would be soo cool, is where jack has his coat, and his hat on...also, i would like to see his braided beard, if you can do that. anyone who makes mods and knows a lot about them, PLEASE tell me, is it possible? i swear i think it is, i dont see waht would be impossible about it, maybe it woudl take a lil while, but it would be worth the wait.

Aye I agree with ya, it would be kool to have his model updated to reflect more what he looked like,and yes it can be done,its more of a question of one of the modders wanting to do it :cheers

sweet...i wish i knew how to make mods and stuff...i always wanted to and stuff, but dont know how. lol maybe i could make it, if you could explain how to make mods for me? or only a select few are allowd to make them?

This is funny, because this idea is exactly what led me to the model that I am working on. Trying to manipulate the dreds under the tricorn made me decide to hold off for a few, though. Yar, I'll be working on it next though. That shot of jack on the dinky sailboats crow's nest is the best shot in the movie and perfectly typifies how I see him. Go through the GM Viewer and take a peep at Pirate11's coat and the Depp head. Will those work? Only other coat I can think of is Shkipper, but you wouldn't be able to see his clothes beneath it because it's closed and Jack always wore it open. I think. For boots, he actually wears a pair of cuffed, but none of the current ones work, so I need to tweak them. Retexture the corsair's tricorn to leather and place it on top of that Depp head and you'ld be set, I think. The double braided goat is a must, so I'll add those onto the face mesh. It ain't Jack without it. Well, that and the gold teef. If we use the original Depp face texture, we even get the coal black eyes. That or we grovel to Catalina for texture assistance. :cheers

So...how do we make them work in game, once they look all pretty? Can we do special animations for the "Jack Dance"? :cheers:

That shot of jack on the dinky sailboats crow's nest is the best shot in the movie and perfectly typifies how I see him.

lol that is my favorite pic of him, and that is my wallpaper for my computer lol

For boots, he actually wears a pair of cuffed, but none of the current ones work, so I need to tweak them.

what about just keeping the boots he already has with the current jack sparrow?

JOHNNY DEPP IS THE BEST ACTOR OF ALL TIME!!! lol...im not gay, but you gotta admit, in Pirates of the Caribbean, the movie, Jack Sparrow had some pretty eyes lol haha

Keeping the boots is even easier, because all I'd need to do is replace the head on the one I'm working on and incorporating the new textures.

Grumblepunk...two things...one, so you are making the jack sparrow idea that i though of in this post? and two, if you are making it, i hope to see it in the download section when its done!!...you knwo what you should do, you should make a beta version downloadable, so people get the feel of it. lol dont forget the braided beard!! cheers mate :cheers (ps, i think its pretty funny, me and you thought of the same idea at close to the same time! lol its a fine idea if i may say so though, and you seem to be on top of it, so, dont give up, and please finish it!)

Well, I just finally figured out how to apply my map to the model tonight, so it'll be awhile before I get that part done and then I have to figure out how to get them in game and working. :cheers

wow one of my dreams can come true! ive always thought Jack Sparrow was a total badass with that coat and hat on, and now i can BE him! lol

hey skull, hey mate do you think you could somehow fif it into the changing clothes mod on the build 10.1? i would love to have the option to be jack sparrow in coat and hat, but not ALWAYS lol. Jack would get mighty hot, and with a hat on all the time, he would get whiter than my rotted bottom of my Man O War! lol

Sure mate,would have to change it again though when new build comes out,cause the way you change clothes is going to change again in the build :cheers

Skull, that is the best news I've had all day! :cheers

I have no idea what to do with the model once he's been completed. I mean...do I need to add deformers? Animations? Do we just dump the mesh in game and he walks around shooting people automatically? Erm...what? I s'ppose I should get my exporter working first, eh? :cheers

have you done the portrait files yet; when you get it done zip me the files and I will put the model in the game using officer change clothes dialog :D

Something like this?

sparrow.jpg

(hat on comming soon) xD::

Mine isn't Jack. Jack was going to come later. I was just making a player character, because the normal ones just don't fit me. Nice work, Duke! Say, do you need to set the pistol points in Maya?

Back