• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A Brief History of Piracy!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I ran across this Youtube video featured over on Kotaku and thought I would share it. It is a great review of the history of pirate game genera over the past 35 years and covers most of the titles I remember and several that I had never heard of. Seriously lacking however is any video of POTC, though it is mentioned, and absolutely no mention of the modding we have been doing to the game over the past decade. That video is narrated by XboxAhoy’s Stuart Brown, so no real surprise there. Also missing is any reference to Age of Pirates : Caribbean Tales, though they do feature CoAS, go figure!

There are some other omissions, such as Tortuga Pirates of the New World and Pirate Hunter, although those are probably best forgotten. Also missing is any mention of Pirates Odyssey, East India Company, Commander : Conquest of the Americas, Uncharted or Pirates of Black Cove.

Attachments

• pa-logo.gif
    pa-logo.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 27
We can always rectify those omissions in the comments section. ;)

Well, apparently they are not as fond of free advertising as we are, my comment seems to have vanished. :rolleyes:

What did you actually write? If done with tact, it should just be considered constructive comments, right?
Something like "Hey, great summary! We know of a couple of other games though that are worth looking into, such as.... [insert our stuff]". :facepalm

That is pretty much what I wrote, I pointed out Age of Pirates and the fact we had mods for all 3 and posted the forum address. Then I added that we were working on our own game and pointed to the Hearts of Oak web page. Xbox fanboys! :wp

I finally watched it and was disappointed. It looked like he deliberately ignored and showed bad parts of the Akella games in order to make ACIV look better.

I did see one post asking why POTC had been ignored.

Back