• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A couple of Ideas

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
While much work has been done to improve the ships realism and multiple types thereof, I have noticed a lack of beautification to the world of COAS on the whole. While I enjoy seeing sharks swimming about, we all know that there are other sea faring creatures, such as dolphins, whales, manta-rays, seaturtles, squid, octopus, and schools of fish.
I have not noticed if seaguls approach your ship as you approach land or not....

In the jungles, perhaps tropical birds could be seen and heard in the trees. Hostile animals types could be created perhaps, (wild boar, various types of wild cats etc)

The jungles on each island all look the same. I know the reason for this probably because there are set types, but maybe that can be changed.

A larger of selection of NPC's maybe could be created, so you don't feel like you are running into clones all the time.

Various weather types need to be adjusted as well. As a certified surface weather observer myself, I notice that there is a lack of Fog, Hail, Hurricanes. Perhaps adjusting the storm size in the navigation map could be a thought. Not all storms are the same size. An entire area for a time could be covered with a hurricane for instance

Rainbows? i know it sounds a bit sissy, but there is water spraying often.

As well, i don't know if it is possible to make the different stages of day to night more seamless, without it 'clicking' from one time to the next.

I know that all of these ideas are probably very difficult if not impossible to accomplish, but i thouught i would throw them out there. I wish i could make the changes myself, but I have no modding talent whatsoever, except possibly testing them...lol

Any feedback is of course welcomed.

Thank you
FB

Some of the things you suggest aren't difficult but whould be MASSIVE in both work and space required :facepalm

Other things would be really hard to acomplish but require less space

All good ideas, and many of them I've thought about doing, but as Maggee stated, it will be a lot of work and would add huges amounts of content to any mod using all of them.

Cap'n Drow

Hi,

Animals...sea & land ....already started doing some, but code will have to be done for them, & most likely the animals dll file would have to be worked on too:shrug
Whales...Moby Dick storyline anyone?

Extra characters are'nt a problem to port over from POTC....just need more people to do them,actively there's only three of us,animationwise there's just me for now & we're all working on Build14 ATM.

Good ideas but lots of work.

damski.

Yep as been said alot of space would be needed and CMV3 is already 3.7 GB's by the times its finally released it will be over 4 GB's because the work i have for the mod is over 300 MB's. When everyone of us have all the work put together maybe 4.1 or 4.2 GB's could be much more i don't know it depends on what everyone else have been doing. But either way we are only on CMV3 and already we have the mod over 4 GB's. :shock

The ideas of these mods were to keep people from rushing through the game play. I find myself now only having played COAS for about a week, that i not enjoying the visuals as i did early on...and just rushing through.

(I played the other Pirate Games such as PoTc quite a bit until my computer died and my only copy got damaged...I live in a very small community and getting pc games is difficult...and i do not enjoy resorting to ehm...piracy)

I was aware that what i was proposing would be quite a bit of work. I am known to 'over-mod' most of my pc games. 1 in particular had about 20gb worth of mods on it...made it quite unstable. It also was a Bethesda Softworks creation. Unfortuantly COAS is unstable as it is. (matches me a bit....lol)
I just thought I would throw these out there for now. I have other ideas as well but i thought i would post the highest priority ones first :)

You hit Edit and a box should appear around what your wrote, just continue typing at the bottom of what your wrote... I suggest EDIT: BLAH BLAH ;)

Nope but if you acidentally do double post and then fix it up with EDIT: just EDIT the other post to say "Can a Moderator please delete this post" :onya

Back