• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A Dutch Problem with Morgans Favor

Comrade J

Landlubber
I have only reccently Started playing City of Abandoned Ships, having formally played both POTC and AOP. However I am coming up stuck on the Pirate Questline on the Mission of Morgans Favor; which i bumbled into by accident and accepted without realising what i was doing. As my charecter is Dutch England is hostile to me so after picking up Bolton I was unable to enter port royal to diliver him. Needless to say i Saved up and got myself a trading lisence which allows me to enter the port. Now when I enter the port nothing happens, I have read here that I am meant to be arrested, but the only thing the guards ask me for is my trade Lisence. I am well and truely confused by this; any help would be greatly apprecieated.

Cheers J

Well, this quest is a tiny bit buggy ;) the guards to arrest you spawn (at least for me) on the left side of the city right where Morgans house is and they take a while to reach you. Just pick up the guy, enter Port Royal and then go to Morgans Residence on the left or just wait a bit with accelerated time. I was a bit confused, too when I came to that mission.

You'll need to visit Port Royal quite often doing this questline so your trading license will probably run out before you're done. If you're not willing to buy a new one you can still go to hostile cities, with 2 options.

1. Make port at some beach near the city and go by walking. This has to be done during the night because during the day you'll get caught by the guards at the city gate (most of the time no way around them). Once in the city, try to evade the patrolling guards and make your way to tavern. Sleep till morning. This method has its cons: you can't recruit any crew, repair your ship, buy any supplies or cannons for the ship or take and/or complete certain quests, because your ship isn't at the dock.

2. Choose the Hostile flag from the ship skills. Change the flag before going to the hostile city. If you have high enough stealth, you should be able to dock there like normally. Only exception is that you will be stopped by the stationary guards at the dock. If they are convinced they let you go, if not, they attack you. After you've passed the guards you can do everything normally.

Keero

i have a problem here too ..they did not arresting me

Back