• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler A General Review

WeekendWarrior

The Jester
Quest Writer
Hearts of Oak Donator
So, I'm playing @Bartolomeu o Portugues's storyline and i must say it's amazing. I can't believe i never tried this storyline before. But i'm keeping my compliments after i see the grand finale.
Anyway, there is a bug kinda' thing at the quest: The Battle of Aquadilla. I actually saw that coming and wantd to warn you guys anyway: After you set sail from Saint Pierre as a 4 ship fleet, Fontaines's ship mutinies against you. That is caused by reputation i assumed because my Bart was Dashing. So i've changed the reputation of the other captains ( i haven't touched the lady, ahaha) to Bloke and passed the voyage pretty smoothly.
And also the Quest Book update before finding the Montbars should give more hint by my opinion, i actually looked into walkthrough the first time in this quest, after i've been to Cayman, Port Royale and Alice Town, then back to Cayman again.

It crushed at Montbars's house, i hope it's not something major and won't do it again. I'll check again. But great storyline so far.

If one of your companions has different alignment to you, e.g. you're Dashing and he's Swindler, morale on his ship will drop quickly. He doesn't like your command style and is trying to incite a mutiny.

Well, actually he first tried for mutiny and failed. When i arrived to Saint Pierre his crew number was 0.
So i fixed the ships, his ship didn't need repaires but filled the crew when i exit.
And then i saved the game;

I raised the morale of the crews with gold then left Saint Pierre. The game (i guess) kept him from succeding despite many tries. Then i made a mistake at my arrival and wanted to load the game.
I raised the morale of the crew again. And left. Upon entering map mode he succeded mutiny instantly and started to fire at us at the city ports on sea mode.
So then i loaded again this time made the reputation trick and it was all alright.
But if i recall correctly he was actually Neutral, Montbars was the one with bad reputation. And he never tried mutiny but his crew morale went down to below Low and stayed there.

Need some code to disable that temporarly in a quest... @Levis ?? @Pieter Boelen ??
PROGRAM\WorldMap\DailyCrewUpdate.c:
Code:
        if(!CheckAttribute(pchar, "professionalnavy"))
         {
           if(player_rep > REPUTATION_NEUTRAL && compan_rep < REPUTATION_NEUTRAL)
             moralemod = moralemod - (player_rep - compan_rep);
           if(player_rep < REPUTATION_NEUTRAL && compan_rep > REPUTATION_NEUTRAL)
             moralemod = moralemod - (compan_rep - player_rep);
         }
You can add an extra check there and add a "no mutiny" attribute to the quest characters.

So far I have avoided doing that, because I figure setting all quest characters to that would be a bit of a cheat....

Back