• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help A guide to Trading Successfully

Chas

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
QA Tester
Provisional
Hell0 I was wondering if I could get some help on how to trade successfully in this game. I find it is quite hard to get money early on in this game.

Patience is a virtue. You will start making good money soon enough. Dungeon diving and cave crawling are also good ways to get extra money.

Hire an officer and then lure an enemy ship within range of a friendly fort, then get in there and board it before the fort sinks it. There is good money there.

You can do what Hylie says until you get 20+ trade skills (you can also do that by collecting every item you find and selling it, or simply hiring a treasurer) and then you have to do some homework. By that I mean you'll have to look at the trading prices in f2 menu for the colonies you're interested in and find which products exported somewhere are inported elsewhere for a higher price. You'll have to check how much it costs you to buy a product in one colony and how much you can sell it in another. Now I can't tell you specific trade routes because they are game dependant i think.
Anyway, the easiest thing you can do is buy the chiepest gold and sell it the store with the highest price. Though I wouldn't suggest counting on that alone because they can easily run out of stock.
I hope i've been helpfull, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Back