• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A little bit of CANNON FIRE! :D

Wow, that must have been a sight to see! :shock

And good to see you in these waters again. Your work on the Build Canon effects is still very awesome! :cheers

Well fortunately my ears are perfectly fine, my camcorder supports up to 54x Zoom and the ship moored further into the harbour while I stayed on the pier lol.
Hence the delay between shot and sound lol.

Hehe. Even little 2 pounders can be felt in your chest and feet. Your chest is basically a hollow box so the air pressure waves resonate in there, and the cannons send shock waves through the ground so you feel them in your feet.

The largest cannon I was close to when it fired was a 9 pounder. I was maybe 3 meters away and behind it and it was quite painful.

Ouch! lol
I can only imagine how gun crews manning 32 pounders must have felt lol.

Ive actually booked a ticket to set foot onboard for an hour tomorrow afternoon before she leaves port, should be interesting!

Soooo.... she left port today.... and I managed to set up shot with my camera just a little over 200 meters away. Btw, she carries 6 pounders, and I both heard and felt that being directly downrange of the guns.
Still haven't processed the video yet but I grabbed a still from it.

GotheborgBroadsideThumbnail.jpg

Back