• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A Move to Xenforo

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
Hi everyone, looks like the conversion to Xenforo went well. I'd like everyone to give it a bit of a go while I make teh additions to the site. The portal is the first of them which I'm pretty happy about as it makes life alot easier (easier than the ipb blog). Also the option to make static pages is a welcome addition and makes moving away from teh joomla site a bit easier. There will also be a resourse manager which I mig ht use as it allows people to post their own mods (yeah I know, after all the fuss about dropbox) more on that one later.

If you want to choose a dark skin, you do that now through your profile/preferences tab then choose.

Attachments

• pa-logo.gif
    pa-logo.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 23
There may also be some permissions that need to be set properly so I'm sorry if some of your posts are not getting through at the moment. I will have it all fixed up after nap nap time.

I've just fixed the permissions for the Modders, Modellers and New Gatherers groups, so they can hopefully view threads and post normally now.
There might still be some finer details to sort out for each group, though (I can't remember exactly who can do what).

If anybody else has the same problem, please PM either Keith, another Moderator or myself, stating your preferred display name, and we'll sort it out ASAP.

Armada, thanks for the help :) nap nap finished now. :onya

No problem. It gave me a chance to explore the new admin control panel, anyway.

Gotta get used to this new look and style. Attaching pictures and links seems a bit tricky or am I missing something? :facepalm

Yeah, the media side of IPB was alot better out of the box. I'll be adding a couple of mods though to make this, and text editing alot more user friendly.

I really do like the clean look and style, I think you made a great choice with this one Keith! :dance

I really love the front page with Xenforo, it will make commenting on news story's so much easier and I think that will really help involve the community as a whole with what is going on around here. It's something we have really needed for a long time.

I'm not sure about the whole "Like" and "Trophies" thing, that will take some getting used to, it's way to "Social Media" oriented for my tastes. But I am a barbarian after all, I am not exactly a social animal to begin with!

The devil take me, how can I delete some old Conversations.
I still have some problems with the new look.

Can someone from the moderators are interested to please the little mistakes sometimes.

Ein Mod-Projekt von und für deutsche Freibeuter

Ein Mod-Projekt von und für deutsche Freibeuter

Back