• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A new firearm...

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Crossbows_Belgian_Crossbow_Pistol__DX1233_1110.jpg

An interesting little thing

Belgian Crossbow Pistol, 17th Century

Decorative 17th Century Belgian Crossbow, safe cannot be fired.

This little crossbow was more likely developed for target and sporting purposes than as a serious weapon, but it was able to throw a bolt a considerable distance under the power of the spring-steel bow. This replica is not functional, except to the extent that the workings of a crossbow are clearly demonstrated.

Barrell Length: 7″
Overall Length: 16 3/8″

To that effect I wonder, where are the real crossbows? They would have been used at the time as well. They may even have been faster to use as there was no powder to load, and you didnt have to worry about it getting wet

Another one that came to mind is a real handcannon...
Do you remember in Pirates of the Caribbean (movie) that handcannon that the midget fired, causing him to fly backwards...
(more so for humor that effectiveness...lol)

Throwing knives might be something else to consider as well....

Further more...I wonder if we could add the grenade types that are in PoTC: NH as well?

I could get the grenade textures but I'd need someone to do the models.
Of course, if it's possible to code it, that is.

I wonder if the grenade code, models and textures could be taken straight from the potc new horizon code...

I'm not aware of the POTC files at all, actually. I haven't played any POTC builds since Build 14 Alpha 1.. and we're in Beta now :rolleyes:
There are grenades?

aye there be grenades...I was looking through some of the code last night at work...but code still scares me. I dont know how the code could be taken from POTC, but im sure it can be done...Especially if the 2 are as similar as all the tutorials here say they are

Back