• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved a note of thanks

Capt Pete

Powder Monkey
Hello all
I been playing Potc for many years and been lurking the site for about 3.

I have the latest build and an intel graphics card. and man im pleased.

this is the first time I have been inspired to come to your forums and say thankyou for all the work the people who are connected with this mod have done.
I have been playing this build for about 3 days, not had one crash , truly amazing !

|My hat is off to you

Capt Pete

Ahoy Capt Pete!

It is always heartwarming to hear from players who enjoy our mods; this is why we do it all, of course!
I'm glad you're having fun. :cheers

Indeed I'm very happy to hear of another person enjoying our work!
Of course you're quite welcome to join the various discussions on our forum so that you can be involved in the future development as well.

That is the kind of thread i was looking for... ^^
Got the stock game when it was new in 2003 and I was six and actually it landed very fast in a corner and I did not touch it about aprox. six years. After getting back to it, I had very much fun with the (stock!) game and spent a lot of time on it, and I still think it's a damn realistic game (->graphic) if you think about the fact it was made in 2003. But after some long time, you have discovered everything once, twice,... and the game is over.
And due to the fact that it's an offline game, i never came up with the idea about searching it online until another six years passed over, and my thoughts walked back there, and hey, why not google it, just for fun?
Leading me to find out that you guys developed this game all the time, all the 12 years behind my back and adding a bunch of new content and settings, filling this great game with life again!
Just to mention one scene, >me as a "experienced player" (->stock game) walking into a house, plundering the chest there and then being completely puzzled that this guy rammed his knife into me- "WTH!?"< , oh it's just awesome.
So, to get to the point im trying to get: A very big, big "thank you" to you who developed this game so much far about its former level and by this giving me so much more hours of game-fun. You did a really geat job here.

Greetings from Germany
Erik

So, to get to the point im trying to get: A very big, big "thank you" to you who developed this game so much far about its former level and by this giving me so much more hours of game-fun. You did a really geat job here.
Thank you very much indeed! In the end, that is what we do it for: To make a fun and interesting game for anyone who wants it! :cheers

What modpack version are you playing now? And how far did you get?
With all the storylines and extra Free Play options added over the years, there is a LOT of gameplay in there and a lot of different types too.

We'll be releasing a Build 14 Beta 3.5 soon, with many more fixes and gameplay improvements.
You can find the internal test version here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/
Don't get too attached to that particular one though; there should be a much better version posted before the end of the week. :yes

Yes, I actually see that there is a LOT and that im still scratching the surface of the ice: Till now, I've only played the main story of Captain Jack Sparrow after finding back into the game with the stock game storyline. Furthermore I played a lot in the Black Tides Free-to-play to cope more with the new game implements, and I also like to "just play a bit around".
I'm using Build 14 Beta 3.4. Do I see that right that my safegames will not work with the upgraded mod? Then I would wait to your next version before starting a new storyline, because I'm also very much on tour at the moment and don't have time for playing the next two weeks, and it wouldn't make sense to start sth. new these days.

Back