• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A Player House.

Captain Reaver

Landlubber
Have each town have a house a player could buy and store loot. That way on quests that lose you your ship, you won't lose all your loot. Store important stuff at the house, because houses don't sink. Well, they are less likely to, anyway.
Maybe add a script for officers to 'guard' the house too, so you can save all your officers there instead of having to buy X amount of ships at X amount of port controllers to save officers.

Have each town have a house a player could buy and store loot. That way on quests that lose you your ship, you won't lose all your loot. Store important stuff at the house, because houses don't sink. Well, they are less likely to, anyway.
Maybe add a script for officers to 'guard' the house too, so you can save all your officers there instead of having to buy X amount of ships at X amount of port controllers to save officers.

This could be could be done after you capture a town as well, as the residence becomes yours
all that needs to be done is to make the chests in the rooms permanently keep your loot.

I dont think giving is really a good idea, maybe buying a resisdence is a better option

Or as pugwash suggests I enjoy that option as well :yes

This could be could be done after you capture a town as well, as the residence becomes yours
all that needs to be done is to make the chests in the rooms permanently keep your loot.

Yeah, but having your officers stay there too would be great. I don't want to give spoilers, but you know a few quests where you lose your officers. And if you have 6, you have to go to two different downs, buy 6 ships, and 'saving' the officers at a port control. That is a pain in the butt. I don't want to lose my officers. Some people may not care about losing them. "Just get more". But I like certain ones. I love the new playable ones, and do not want to lose or replace them unless I lose them in a real fight, and not a scripted loss.

I like this idea, i think though you should only be able to purchase towns in the nation you work for or started as, because as time goes by their dimplomatic standings will change between each other and Holland and Spain could end up been hostile towards each other but friendly towards the Enlish and French who in turn could be hostile towards each other. I do think the nations dimplomacy towards each other needs tweaking a little so we see nations stantce towards one another change every year or two.

Back