• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A possible story here?

Commodore John Paul Jones

Commodore in the Continental Navy
Storm Modder
Ahoy shipmates!

I've been away for quite some time... I got a new laptop back in 2008 and I couldn't find the PotC install disk, so I was unable to get the game on that new machine. Well, I finished high school, graduated in 2009, then started college at the Virginia Military Institute that fall. The first year was grueling, as it was college and boot camp at the same time. Four months ago I got a new Dell XPS 17 and when we were putting away Christmas decorations today, I found the PotC install disks! They had been... packed away with the Christmas CDs accidentally? I don't know how... but they were. Anyway, I immediately installed the game and was overjoyed to see Build 14 A2 online! So I've already got that installed and am testing it now... needless to say, you'll be hearing from me soon with thoughts on the American content! Ha ha! I've become an avid Pirates of the Burning Sea player over the past year and a half (you can find me on the Roberts server under the name Frank Van Valkenburg), but I still think the Build Mod offers an infinitely more realistic and encompassing age of sail experience... really, the only thing that keeps this game from being perfect is its lack of multiplayer or online gameplay.

At any rate, I've got a little something for the community here. After I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides early this past summer, I entered a three week frenzy of inspiration and creativity, producing this. I am something of an avid writer now, but even with that in mind, I was baffled at the result. This piece of work is even in the editing phase so I can send it to Disney... they just might want to publish it?! Even if it can't, or they choose not to, it's something for the general populace on the internet to enjoy and has, at least in my mind, potential for something of a story line in this game. It could utilize a lot of content from the entire PotC movie series that's been added to the game, as most of it is indeed present in my novel.

So, without further adieu, I present to you...

Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned

A big story by you, eh? I'm intrigued! I very distinctly remember your brilliant writing for the chapter I saw of your James Norrington story, as well as our PotC film prequel.
Did you ever manage to get your James Norrington story approved anywhere? Or otherwise posted?

I wished you would finish your PotC film prequel story based on our outline as well; it just sounded sooo good and I know our story is good as well.
Of course there's an official prequel story now too, but as the description of our ingame Jack Sparrow storyline states:
A lot has been speculated about the early days of Jack Sparrow and we're not even sure if this particular account is entirely accurate
:wp

Unfortunately, the Norrington piece is still in Davy Jones' Locker, with I'd say half a dozen other projects. I still have a desire to do something with it. Actually, it's a finished story, but I keep coming back to rewrite it as my writing improves. The plot isn't changing, but I keep coming back to develop the characters and flesh out the plot with more detail. I'm hoping there comes a point where one master's the art of writing and cannot improve any further, or I shall continue to rewrite my works! That or I have to learn to let go and remember years from now that I wrote it long ago and it won't be as good as my future writing!

I do want to get that prequel written. I have the basic outline in my head, but I don't have much to go on in terms of what you embellished, changed, and added since I was last actively following that project. I'm scraping together what I can in preparation for work. I'm currently working out a plot for the sequel to the novel posted above and am dabbling in a couple of other projects that don't have enough steam to become a primary focus... so if you can get the fire burning, I'll probably start churning something out for ya!

:D It's great to be back!!!

If you make an online release of your story, you can always update it as better ideas spring to mind. :wp

Where might I find the latest compilation of ideas and outlines put together by the community? I've searched the old thread and all the links aren't working.

Where might I find the latest compilation of ideas and outlines put together by the community? I've searched the old thread and all the links aren't working.
Wha? I fixed the links in the index yesterday: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/10925-pirates-4-script/
They're working for me now. :facepalm

speaking of stories, I think the NH storyline got broken, I posted a bug report in storyline bugs, check it out when you have time pieter, because I'm stuck until someone can do something.

Thanks Pieter! I'll start looking at those links now and begin my planning stages. :)

Also, I have another story in the works that's at the same level of production as my planned sequel for the book I've posted here. It follows the exploits of a Virginian in the Royal Navy who eventually has enough of the colonial belittlement and joins the Patriot cause at the onset of the American Revolution... perhaps we could use this as the premise of an American storyline?

that sounds cool, also, the NH storyline is fine, just a weird bug, also, should we even keep the Frenchman with the gambling debts storyline, no work has been made on it and it's extremely short....

that sounds cool, also, the NH storyline is fine, just a weird bug, also, should we even keep the Frenchman with the gambling debts storyline, no work has been made on it and it's extremely short....
I know. The opening is pretty good though.

Also, I have another story in the works that's at the same level of production as my planned sequel for the book I've posted here. It follows the exploits of a Virginian in the Royal Navy who eventually has enough of the colonial belittlement and joins the Patriot cause at the onset of the American Revolution... perhaps we could use this as the premise of an American storyline?
Sounds pretty good to me, but I've got no clue who would do the actual storyline coding.
You should get together with Legendary_Spider; he had some US storyline ideas too.

I think Legendary Spider was working on a war of 1812 storyline involving the USS Constitution, but really any US Storyline would be welcome! I can help with Ideas of course and maybe build a new ship if neccessary :keith

Have spotted that sung poem of yours in the story. I should change it with all the reasons. Eg:

The false priests and their mislead disciples stole the world from Gaia, our planet's true and funny spirit (later more)

And darkness claimed the seas.

"The seas be ours and by my powers,

Where we will, we'll roam!"

Stand fast, my child!

Hold the ideals, spirit, your dearest high!

Love you, that I do!

In ba-ttle, safe, you'll be!

Glo-ry to friendship, jocoseness and funny turns

Hold the heel high!

Glo-ry to the kong (he knows nuttn about the world, does he?-)

For thine, the Vic-tory!

love dramas a great lot, not what has happened to man-so-kind though. In the last few years believe me, have I sorted it all. Trust me with this as well, there ain't much worthy things around anymore. Ya, had to ask myThesaurus for helping me out here, if you know what i'm sayn. Lots of infos, but no-one's got ears, heart, spine and such no more. Maybe one advise for now, you must tell'em to stop being a completely wrong, boring, unimaginative adulllt. ..thanks Synonym. I am not even sure if anyone could reach a male especially with what amazing fantasy narrative you pull out your sleeve or hat. We'd need a strong story which then takes them et al into better, surprising, hilarious turns of fresh wonderment. The mad chic world of ours is waiting for more chipper aficionados. Speak to ya laters, hiyé.

Let's have pieter hein make the dialog for it, that would be hilarious!

I'm sure it would be, though i'd have no clue where to go or what to do. :razz Anywho I think it would be really good to get an American storyline written. I have been brainstorming one myself actually, set in the war of 1812. The main character is the (fictional) first lietenant of the USS Constitution from her battle with the Guerriere, and he is promoted to the rank of commander and given command of a heavy schooner, the USS Comet (the prince de neufchatel) the storyline develops from there, I dont want to give too much away yet, but I will say that I am including some historical figures from the USN at the time, like Commodore John Rodgers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rodgers_(1772%E2%80%931838) and Commodore Stephen Decatur http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Decatur and some others too. I'll probably make a new thread for it when I have time to finish hashing it out, likely when all the ships i've built are ingame. :onya

It be good to see an old member of our crew reemerge from the depths!

and, oh yeah, are ye a fellow Virginian yourself?

Back