• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A question

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
We currently have a discussion going on here While the splatter pattern was easy to change (thanks to the tx converter) I would like to change the blood physics.

From what I can tell, it looks like the files blood.xps and blood_big.xps in \Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\Particles have something to do with blood physics, but I have no idea how to edit those, or even if they are editable. :shrug

Both Thagarr and myself have tried using a .xps editor/viewer but to no avail.

Yup, I had the same problem mate. Obviously Seward used a propitiatory version of the XPS format. I also tried opening them with a text editor, but they are of course compiled files. Both files start with PSYSv3.5 in the code, my guess is that is a reference for the particle system they used, but I have no idea what that is. Perhaps if you posted a question in the Storm Coding section of the forum, someone with much more knowledge than me might be able to help you. :shrug
(Thagarr says it much more nicely than i could xD:)

Any thoughts? :shrug

As far as I'm aware, what we have as far as source code is concerned is the source for ENGINE.exe/GAME.exe and the MODULES folder.

Maybe particle plugin for Maya/3DMax can create .xps files ? You can speak about this with Ursus at seaward.ru forum (main 3D modeller for POTC/AOP/AOP2)

Thanks ugeen :onya I believe you have set us on the correct path mate, at least a more accurate one than we had before!

Back