• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"A Strange Statuette" Problem

Load a previous save and try again because l'Ollonais must talk to you. Sometimes, the quest stops without any reasons.

Well, I have no idea why this bug happens. I'll check that but don't expect a fix before next week. I must say I'm a bit tired of fixing bugs in parts of the main quest that were working fine until now.

I have had some odd quest stops in the Hornblower extension I am writing in V2.1 when test playing.

I have got out of them by doing this:
Restart POTC
Go into a DIFFERENT storyline and play the first scene
quit game
Restart POTC
Go back to your last save and play through

What I think happens by doing this is that the bug-a-boo's that were messing you up are cleared by starting a different storyline from scratch.
Hope it works for you.

Alright Brizz, I've got an old buildmod version on my desktop but I installed in my netbook beta 2.1 so I can finally check that. I'll tell you at the beginning of the next week if I've got the same bug. In this part of the quest normally, you must take the idol and get out the room. Outside, there are L'ollonois and two of his men waiting for you. You'll automatically go and talk to him.

I was quick, here's the fix. Install the file and load a save. Indeed, you don't need to start a new game.

Attachments

• Update 1rst February 2012.zip
    43.3 KB · Views: 204
That change should go into the Build Mod too, right? Just checking...

No problem. If you find a new bug stopping the storyline, tell me. And remember, you have a wiki page about my main quests to finish them...

Back