• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Low Priority Abilities or Perks

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
:aar

I can understand how it has happened - the interface called them Abilities and the code calls them Perks.:whipa

But now it appears they are being called both Abilities & Perks in the on the game screens :mad:

Please can you choose one or the other and make the screens that are presented to the player consistent - suggest you remove the label "Abilities" and stick with "Perks" - then it will be consistent with the code.

see images in Posts #104 #109 #111

in this thread WIP - Officer perk contributions | Page 6 | PiratesAhoy!

:drunk

Last edited:
Good, point @Talisman!

Actually, I have always endeavoured to consistently call them "Abilities", at least in my forum posts.
The word "perk" always sounded quite odd to me.

There is now the possibility of a clear distinction. "Abilities" could be the innate abilities of officers such as the doctor's healing of casualties and the gunner's providing of ammo. "Perks" could be what you spend your points on.

The other way round could work too. "Perks", as in perks of the job, could be the innate ones, while "Abilities" could be what you buy with ability points, meaning the text about "ability points" does not need to change. The point is, now we have two different types of bonuses, why not use the two different words to label them?

The point is, now we have two different types of bonuses, why not use the two different words to label them?

Then they should have different screens and separate buttons on the F2> character screen :p

"Perks", as in perks of the job,

"Perks of the job" are benefits that you receive as part of a job - e.g. a traveling salesman is given a car & has his petrol paid for by his company. - They are nothing to do with abilities. :no

"Abilities" could be the innate abilities of officers such as the doctor's healing of casualties and the gunner's providing of ammo.

That sounds like Skills to me. ;)

:drunk

Guess for now I will rename it to abilities (soonish). in build 15 we can see if we are going to split it etc...

Bumping this up because I believe I still need to do this....

Back