• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Active Promotion and Recruiting on Other Sites

Thanks once again! Replaced the link on the opening post. :cheers

Also moved the old CryDev link into a Spoiler on the bottom, since it no longer applies.

Ah, I'd better take care of that. Seems like the best place to post our progress articles and attract relevant help, like we did on CryDev.

Wow... I just read through the Naval Action thread on that forum, and I couldn't believe how one guy tore it apart for not being "transparent" enough. o_O

Yeah, I got a real kick out of that one. I am reading a lot of info that concerns me about their staff and some of the things they are doing to gather resources, assets, and source code.

When I first heard about Naval Action, I actually got worried that they'd steal the playerbase from HOOCOTS

Sure, if someone hasn't already post on the pirate forums site I'll do it.

Edit: Just waiting for the activation e-mail to come through.
Edit 2: Still haven't received the activation, If I haven't got it by tomorrow I'll register on my Google mail address.

Last edited:
If you guys can make demo of this game I could try to share it with gaming magazines in Croatia, and some gaming websites. Idk would editors give you some "space" there, but there is chance of that as this game will be free and there aren't many games with this theme (AC4 is not a pirate game).

So I'm basically letting you know that I can promote this game in Croatia, if you don't have any Croatians here or anyone else to do it :)

Cool, mate! We will eventually have a demo, but the first one will just be a "Tech Demo" to prove the concept.

So! Seems there has been a year gone by since anything new was added to this - does anyone have any new ideas for this.

I think it might be appropriate to start gathering names of potential youtubers who could showcase our demo as soon as we see it fit for such.

Clearly it is not quite ready for that yet - but we could start gathering the names for later reference :)

So! Who are your favourite or most suiting youtubers and streamers?
If you also have a link for their channels that would be awesome :)

I will list mine when I get home from work ;-)

Last edited:
So! Seems there has been a year gone by since anything new was added to this - does anyone have any new ideas for this.
Main thing as far as I'm concerned is to have us be as visible as possible to the outside world.
We've got the profiles and we've got a fair few followers. But since hardly anyone is actively posting stuff, nobody notices us anymore these days.
That would require some people to take active charge of ALL the profiles we've got.

We have @Thagarr doing the Twitter one whenever he can and @Red Back Dude posts some stuff to Facebook when he has the chance, which gets auto-posted to Twitter too.
@Armada does the occasional IndieDB article and I've been doing whatever little amount can be done on the YouTube side.
Everything combined makes for the occasional post here and there, but not in large enough quantities to have us remain visible.

So! Who are your favourite or most suiting youtubers and streamers?
It would be cool if we could get the Extra Credit guys to make mention of us. Might fit in with their Extra History series.
Other than that, you've got those insanely popular YouTube channels that my brother @TechnicJelle watches that feature a lot of Minecraft but the occasional other games as well.
Could those be convinced to mention Hearts of Oak? Perhaps once there is a bit more progress....

I agree Pieter, and I think as soon as there is new updates to post we will make a new effort on mass PR.

Posting allot of stuff without any actual substance just works against us, as we seem to be stagnating from the readers point of view.

But that is about to change as soon as updates are regular (And they will be)

Regarding Youtubers - yes! Anyone you can think of - even if you do not right of think they would play Hearts of Oak.

We will let them decide if they want to or not.

When the time comes - they will be sent a professional looking PR package to see if we can tempt them enough ;-)

If 200 are sent and approached - and 3 actually does something on us - it is still thousands of people reached ;-)

Back