• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Adding additional chests to ship models

@Jack Rackham could you maybe move this to a seperate function which is called at the right moment?

I like this very much and I was thinking I might want to add some other upgrades for ship at one time. If I'm going to do this we might change this to be an upgrade instead of being there from the start. wouldn't that be nice?

If I'm going to do this we might change this to be an upgrade instead of being there from the start.
How are you going to fit more potential ship upgrades in the interface?

Or is this your secret "smuggling compartment" one?

could you maybe move this to a seperate function which is called at the right moment?
Not sure at all. My knowledge is very limited. I can try but if not any success it will be the workaround.

Not sure at all. My knowledge is very limited. I can try but if not any success it will be the workaround.
not problem if you can't do. I can always do it later.

So what was the problem with the shipyard?

@Jack Rackham if you need someone to help run tests on boarding or anything else for the chests, I'd be happy to assist.

Do all stored items carry over properly when trading out player ships even between the two styles of chest, the wall chest and the trunk?

@Levis if it were an upgrade, would there not be problem of if the player stored items in this second chest, and then bought a new ship wothout the upgrade (or captured one), then he would lose access to his items at least temporarily? It seems one essential characteristic of these chests is the player never fearing losing access to the items stored.

Do all stored items carry over properly when trading out player ships even between the two styles of chest, the wall chest and the trunk?
They should do, as long as their box name/number are identical.

Note that items in secondary boxes do NOT contribute their skills as that only checks one box.

@Levis if it were an upgrade, would there not be problem of if the player stored items in this second chest, and then bought a new ship wothout the upgrade (or captured one), then he would lose access to his items at least temporarily? It seems one essential characteristic of these chests is the player never fearing losing access to the items stored.
:rofl :facepalm

They should do, as long as their box name/number are identical.

Note that items in secondary boxes do NOT contribute their skills as that only checks one box.
this can be easily changed

this can be easily changed
For sure! I was just describing the current situation. :doff

I do wonder what that is going to do for game performance though.
Probably won't have a huge impact, I hope.

Just speaking personally, I don't mind the idea of treating the main chest as the place to store skill boosts, and not the other one. The point of this was to introduce further organization, so using the second one for a weapon collection, or to store jewelry and gems (I kind of want to see how much pirate booty I can collect instead of turning it all to boring gold coins ;) )

For sure! I was just describing the current situation. :doff

I do wonder what that is going to do for game performance though.
Probably won't have a huge impact, I hope.
all modifiers are stored to the characters already and are only updated once things changed. we made sure of that a while ago already. so as far as I know there isn't something checking for the content of the box all the time so it shouldn't make any difference

if you need someone to help run tests on boarding or anything else for the chests, I'd be happy to assist.
Thanks for that. :doff

I have just completed the 'workaround way' and will start some basic testing again:
From game start.
When buying a ship.

@Jack Rackham Truly exciting! Thank you so much for doing this! I can't wait to try it out, I'll probably just ditch the campaign I started yesterday and start a new one (assuming it doesn't work in saves), because this is such a wonderful addition you are making! :)

I got most things to work now.
Tested start new game for all cabin types in most of the storylines.
Tested buy new ships in some storylines and a some cabin types.
Tested one boarding and the new chest was visible in the cabin of the ship I took over.
So more boarding tests are welcome.

In the last fight scene (cabin) I think I didn't see the chest or its box locator
so my guess is the _l locators are used in the boarding fight scenes.
(But as I said above it ended up with a visible chest in the captured ship's cabin.)

cabin_small, cabin_medium: wall chest.
cabin02, 03: trunk on the sofa
cabin01, cap: existing chests used.

I made the new box2 empty.

The FTP is still not accessable.

This upload is most for @Tingyun for testing purposes.

Attachments

• JRH cabin chests 16-09-26.7z
    44 KB · Views: 87
Back