• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Adding locators

Oskar94

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Hi, i don't know nothing about coding, but i think it's will not be to difficult. It's possible to make a locator working only after some damages? For example, when a ship get 20 percent of damage a locator will works?

An easy way would be to set the locator radius to very very small from start (in the location init file) and change the radius to 1,5 or something after a the damage (in quest_reaction or where it now is). :)

Excuse me, but coding isn't my speciality :slap , what's the locator radius?

The radius is the size of the locator. If the size is very very small it will not "work".

So there is a way to make a locator changing from radius, for example, 0,01 to 1,5 when a ship get 20 percent of damage?

I think so...

1) make the locator small from start in its location init file like:
Locations[n].locators_radius.goto.goto17 = 0.0001;

2) find the place where the action takes place
A very quick search: Maybe it could be in Program\SEA_AI\AIShip under "void Ship_ApplyHullHitpoints( "

3) make a better if than this (I'm no coder either)
if(blablabla 20%)
{
Locations[FindLocation("Redmond_town_01")].locators_radius.goto.goto17 = 2.0;
}

Do you want to do this in 3D sailing mode or in "walking around" mode?

What exactly do you want to accomplish?

Jack, thank you very much...
Pieter, in 3d sailing mode, i want to make some 3d things appears when a ship get damaged, like wooden pieces, blood and also like this, like in potbs, this will be only a square alpha textured with the thing textured, so low poly... Any ideas?

I have NO idea how to work with locators in 3D sailing mode; not sure if it can even be done.

What i want to do is, i'll make an example, i don't know how to explain it, when the sail get some damages a mart fall down, what i want to do is making a locator that work opposite of the mast one, when the hull get some damages a part will appear, in this word any idea how to do it?

Back