• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Adding new ships?

StevenSSX

Landlubber
Can anyone link me to a step-by-step guide to adding ships (that others have created) into AoP?
Most of these threads talk about editing files but don't mention anything about downloading files (shouldn't you need to download the ship model and textures?).

Thanks

Well generally if you want to get a ship from say PotC you need to download the modpack OR ask someone to post it for you :shrug

Well generally if you want to get a ship from say PotC you need to download the modpack OR ask someone to post it for you :shrug

So, there aren't any ship models made specifically for Age of Pirates? And what modpack do I need to download - won't adding ships work with the stock game?

Im sorry to but other than the SuperMod the AoP game wasnt modified much so therefore there wasnt many ships made specifically for it. You can however PORT ships over for PotC or CoAS and THOSE GAMES various modpacks.

Of course you can add ships to the stock game but you need to get ship models/textures from other games/modpacks to add new ships :shrug

Im sorry to but other than the SuperMod the AoP game wasnt modified much so therefore there wasnt many ships made specifically for it. You can however PORT ships over for PotC or CoAS and THOSE GAMES various modpacks.

Of course you can add ships to the stock game but you need to get ship models/textures from other games/modpacks to add new ships :shrug

I found a way to port over ships from PotC. I did everything in this thread: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?showtopic=11797

Only - how would I get the ship to appear in-game? I have it at the shipyard but it's not actually available to buy. Is there a way I can just spawn it or change my current ship? BTW I'm using a 'BlackPearl' ship mod instead of a FlyingDutchman one. I copied over all the model and texture files. I'm just having trouble with this, under my ' ships.h ' file. Is this correct?

#define SAILS_COLOR_QUANTITY 8
#define SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY 19
#define SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY_WITH_FORT 50 // must be (SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY + 1)

#define SHIP_TARTANE 0

#define SHIP_WAR_TARTANE 1

//6
#define SHIP_LUGGER 2
#define SHIP_SLOOP 3

//5
#define SHIP_SCHOONER 4
#define SHIP_BARQUE 5
#define SHIP_CARAVEL 6

//4
#define SHIP_FLEUT 7
#define SHIP_BRIG 8
#define SHIP_GALEON_L 9

//3
#define SHIP_CORVETTE 10
#define SHIP_GALEON_H 11
#define SHIP_PINNACE 12
#define SHIP_BLACKPEARL 13

//2
#define SHIP_FRIGATE 14

//1
#define SHIP_LINESHIP 15
#define SHIP_WARSHIP 16
#define SHIP_BATTLESHIP 17

#define SHIP_MANOWAR 18

//
#define SHIP_BOAT 48
#define SHIP_FORT 49

#define SHIP_NOTUSED 1000
#define SHIP_NOTUSED_TYPE_NAME "Not Used"
#define SHIP_NAME_NOTUSED "Noname"

object ShipsTypes[SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY_WITH_FORT];
object SailsColors[SAILS_COLOR_QUANTITY];

Yes, you have that portion of the code correct. To get it to show up in the shipyard, you have to add it to the Shipyard file(s) and to get it to show up in the various encounters at sea, I believe you need to add it to some of the spawn code so it has a chance to be spawned.

You also need to add references to the model, skin and icons in various files regarding the ships and interfaces so everything loads up nice and clean.

Otherwise that looks good.

Cap'n Drow

:gday i have just fixed so that i have the FlyingDutchman but i have one problem i can't have any bombs on the ship i can buy them bur as soon as i look in my inventory they are not there it's zero i have all the others what can i do to fix this :bow

Back