• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Additional Select Storyline Customization Options

Custom starting date included here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/

Jean Lafitte and Jack Aubrey storylines deleted accordingly.
If you do want to play as Jack Aubrey, I recommend the following settings:
- Use Nelson storyline
- Select "Aubrey" as player model and ensure you don't change the name (this is used to give you the HMS Surprise later on)
- Change storyline start date until it is set in the Napoleonic time period

That should basically give you the previous Jack Aubrey start with character-appropriate ship progression as you get promoted.

So depending on your storyline start settings, you can play through the character/ship progression of Nelson, Aubrey and Hornblower without us requiring separate storyline folders for it.
That is one step in the right direction, but we've still got a way to go.

My next wish would be to separate the sidequests from the main quest and I could use some help for that.
Basically what I am thinking is to take the Standard storyline and remove ALL sidequest stuff from its contents and take the Nelson storyline and remove all MAIN quest stuff from its contents.

@Talisman, if you have time, might you be interested in doing that? Or anyone else interested?

This is pretty much all implemented and finished in here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/

The Standard storyline can now be changed to take place in any year that you want.
Plus the new Free Play storyline allows full customization with a whole bunch of different starting scenarios.

The Select Storyline interface indicates the differences between the different background professions.
However, the actual scenarios only work in Free Play and not in the other storylines.

This should allow a lot more freedom in players playing the game in whatever way they want.
So hopefully you guys can have some proper fun with this! :cheers

Back