• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Advanced Interface and Flags Code (and much more)

I think the fix is working fine.

I think that whoever has been working on the character models has done a really great job. They are very much improved. However I think that the Nathanial promotion model might need a little a work. I have attached 2 images on of Nathanial as he starts and one promoted I think he looks like he has gained a little weight and is paler. I have no idea how to change it but I prefer the darker slimmer face. View attachment 11891 View attachment 11892
Quick question that's been bugging me lately: why do all of your attached screenshots have loads of white space around them? Kinda weird, isn't it? o_O

Probably because I reduce the size of the image to make the file smaller. But try to send something larger and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise I have no idea.

Do you use Paint? If so, after you paste your screenshot, press the "select" button to deselect it, then resize.
That should resize the canvas too.

So from what I gather, the Select Storyline is working quite al-right now.

How is the Different Flags code holding out then? What weird effects are you running into?
And if there are more crashes at sea than before, when exactly do they occur? I'd expect those to be linked to this mod. Somehow.

Has anyone seen any pirate flags flying on forts? Turks in all storylines and Tortuga in Jack Sparrow? Today when making screenshots, I didn't see anything.
Which is a bit odd, because the code for those flags is pretty much the same as those for ashore and I fixed that. :modding

Seems to be the same confusion as for the pirate flags ashore. Throwing the same fix at it seems to have helped.
Now ALL pirate forts and towns and the like will ALWAYS show the SAME pirate flag. But at least there'll be some flag.
We're going to get into trouble for player nation forts and towns though. But we'll get to that once Capture Colonies is operational again. :facepalm
(And WHY does that flags code have to be so TOUCHY???? :shock )

Just thought I'd show you people something:
NationRelationsSelectFlag.jpg

Yes, that is exactly what it looks like! It works too, but does tend to require a location reload and sometimes a few seconds to appear properly.
Still.... the functionality has returned! With great thanks to Pirate_KK for putting some half-finished code already in place that I could finish up. :cheers

Too bad we're going to have to permanently lose my dialog-based selection method. There was some funny stuff in there. :wp

Just restored, fixed and finished all the Nation Relations Interface help strings:
NationRelationsHelp.jpg

Might be useful for people, especially since it looks so different from before.

I do believe that pretty much completes all work that still needed to be done on it. It's now fully functional. :woot

Cool! It's good to have that interface completed properly. :cheers

The current update doesn't require a new update yet, but the next one probably will.

And how about the pop-up screen fitting in better with the brown interface colour scheme, eh?
PopUp.jpg

I found a whole bunch of other similar instances and some wrong checkbox uses, which I have now all changed.
This makes quite a difference to Select Storyline as well:
SelectStorylineUpdate.jpg

So..... Better? :rolleyes:

Awesome! That looks considerably better. Things like this make the whole interface seem cleaner and more professional. :onya

I'm glad you approve. And indeed that was the intent. So that when Beta 3 goes public, people will KNOW that stuff has been DONE! :cheeky

Back