• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Low Priority After talking with surrenderd cabin no fast travel option to leave boarding

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
If you are in a small cabin it might be hard to position yourself in a way the captain doesn't want to talk to you. So maybe add a fast travel option here after the fighting or talking so you can use that to exit the boarding scene.
Could be done for all boarding scenes I believe.

Space or F3 still works though, right?
Pretty sure you can't continue there just fine, unless something changed a lot there recently.

Space or F3 still works though, right?
Pretty sure you can't continue there just fine, unless something changed a lot there recently.
space will make you talk to the character right? Unless you are not close enough.
it's just a minor annoyence, that's why I put it on low prio

Indeed when you're away from the character, it should probably let you proceed.
Right...?

Indeed when you're away from the character, it should probably let you proceed.
Right...?
yes it does, but like I said sometimes its a bit harder to get away from him if he is standing (or laying) halfway acros the room :p.
so just having the option to go to sea in your fast travel menu would be nice. Besides it would be consitent to have this action because with all other actions you can do they normally also appear in your action menu.

I'm not sure what the problem is. If you've just boarded his ship and he surrendered, you must talk to the captain to resolve the boarding. If you take him prisoner then he disappears.

If you hired him on the spot then he stays. And if you don't want to talk to him any more, you just turn to face away from him. Then you press Space to return to sea.

From what I understand, it doesn't work 100% consistently as normally you have the F3/Enter menu options for it too.
But it is also relatively harmless, because you can still continue anyway.

Back