• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates 2 - CMP

Hey Craiggo,

I tried downloading that file, I get decompression errors. I downloaded it 3 times with different clients, and tried decompressing it with various tools, could you pls check file integrity?

And what exactly is in that zip file now? Just the ships, or the starting chars, too?

And did you add / change the Packet Brigs? I think they're a bit overpowered for a lvl 6 ship, I got one with 24cal guns, 184 crew (not overloaded), 17 knots... (using your uncompressed files)
I also had the same problem about decompressing. but then i used Winzip 12.1 and it worked.

For those of you who are having trouble I have uploaded a "Test 2" uncompressed file that includes some of the mini modes that everyone has been working on and it seems to be very stable. No bugs yet! let me know if you have any. Took allot of stuff out that I think was not needed. God bless you all mates and smooth sailing. :cheers

is anyone working on porting the PotC ships for the CMP mod? If not I will continue to work on them. If so let me know so I don't waist my time. Thank mates! :sail

Oh yeah, we definitely need the POTC frigate model, and generally POTC ship models. The AOP/COAS ones are fugly to the extreme. Is it simply a matter of copying the files over, or do you actually need to adjust the models in some way?
Also, I say we concentrate on adding raw content at the moment - models, textures, the kind of stuff that can be reasonably easily ported from the Build mod, so that when the guys finish it they have it all ready to be able to work on porting the advanced features to COAS.
I'm probably going to play with some ship textures and such, just because I've got nothing better to do.

as you knoe I have ported the following ships in to CoAS so far:

BOUNTY with sailorpoints!
ENTERPRISE with sailorpoints!
INTERCEPTOR
LYDIA with sailorpoints!
CONSTITUTION with sailorpoints!
SURPRISE
BOUSSOLE
SOLEIL_ROYAL with sailorpoints!
Brig_n

I will just start at a and go down the list of unique ships not found in CoAS. The easy par is the models just go in the respective folders but one has to find ware all the textures are and edit all the game config/INI's as well as sailor points ect. Sailorpoint conversion from walk files is the hard part

Has the Build Mod version of the Black Pearl been ported yet, I know the original Black Pearl (stock PotC) was ported but the Build Mod version is way better ;)

I'm pretty sure some of those ships you have sailorspoints for don't have them in our mod.
Any chance somebody would be willing to convert those from sailorspoints to PotC walk files?
I don't much like those empty decks... :?

BTW: Brig_n is actually an AoP ship, so there's sailorspoints available for her in that game.

Hey guys,

Just did a bit of work (for my enjoyment) trying to port a ship from the Build Mod to CoAS.

It is very cool :D

The cursed Black Pearl! (Thanks go to Kazeite for the ship I only ported it over ;) )

Attachments

• Cursed Pearl.JPG
    Cursed Pearl.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 351
I think there's a Black Pearl version somewhere that has the fonar_night files.
That way, you'd have the stern lamps lighted at night.
Ask Kazeite if you can't find it.

what ships are you referring to Pieter? If I have a ship that did not have sailorpoints from CoAS then I got them from the guy who made the port files or I converted the walk files to sailorpoints.

I don't think we've got PotC walk files for Lydia, Bounty, Enterprise or Constitution. :(

Is there anything going on hear mates? Due to the new ships and Characters mod does that mean we have all the ships and Characters ported and we don't need to work on porting anymore ships or characters from CoAS hardcore mod and PotC mod? :shrug

All those ships and characters are from the Russian PotC mod NOT the Build Mod.

I think our Black Pearl would be better (and is undergoing an upgrade at the moment)
Also our Jack Sparrow is WAY better and we also have a number of other movie characters that aren't in game yet (eg Davy Jones) so no the ship and character mod hasn't ported much ;)

Can anyone tell me what ships need to get ported from the build mod and preferably from the most wanted to the least wanted so I can work on them? :cheers

Flying Dutchman (cursed)
Black Pearl (cursed)
Black Pearl (uncursed)
HMS Dauntless
HMS Endeavour
Flying Dutchman (uncursed)

Do you know how to get the sails from the Build Mod and put them on unique ships in CoAS?

If not I can let you know how to do it ;)

NOTE: Black Pearl models are the same ;), however the sails are what makes it cursed/uncursed
NOTE2: The Flying Dutchman's used different models and sails ;)

The difference between the cursed and uncursed Flying Dutchmans are unintentional.
ZarethPL has yet to make a movie-accurate uncursed one, so I kept our previous version for the uncursed version.

Back