• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of pirates 2 VS Pirates of the Caribbean

Muttrag

Landlubber
Hey I've recently discovered both these games and was wondering what game should i purchase. Age of pirates 2 COAS or pirates of the Caribbean? i would like to know which one you would recommend on gameplay and modding community, and a lil bit on the graphics.

It Really depends. but i would suggest AoP carribean tales first to start with, its alot more simplified than the second game. and easier to get into the series, and then playing the second game with the experience from the first

I don't agree... AoP Caribbean Tales is the worst game in the series, due to the stubborn, stupid gameplay and mainly because of the Star-Force protection, which is worse than any trojan horse :p. If I were you, I'd try to find PotC (harder to find these days), would immediatly mod it with Build 13 and play through it. If you like it, mod it with B14, which is in beta, and enjoy a superb game, which is now a million times better! After you get bored of it (after 5-6 years lol), you should try AoP2, which is a very good game. Modding PotC is a must, but modding AoP2 is something optional... you should try first the vanilla (original) game and only after mod it.
P.S.: Notice that PotC + Build 14 is without doubt as good as, if not even better than AoP2.

Ive noticed PotC build 14, game play looks good and graphics looks a bit superior to AOP 2, ive purchase AOP 2 with the latest GOF mod and its one of the best, if not the best game ive ever played! but now you have me convince of PotC b14. I might to give this one a try with in the next day or 2!

You definitely should try PotC too if you get the chance. It is infinitely better now than it used to be.
It's rather hard-to-find these days, but old too, so shouldn't be too expensive.
In the next few weeks, I'll see if I can do anything about improving the game's availability.

i have purchased PotC and download build 14 mod, haven't tested it yet for some reason its not working on my laptop.

Ok, I downloaded and installed both today. RUN the Config first! Then start it, would suggest a No-CD fix to! Let me know i can trouble shoot well!

but i heard PotC with b14 mod installed is really good, i think PotC isn't working because i have switch able gfx on my laptop

Well my POTC would not run until I ran the config then it ran. Its a 2003-2004 game you should be fine, run the config from the game folder ande see if that works

Unmodded, CoAS is definitely better. With mods is a different story though. Then they're both worth your time and effort.
This goes only for the original 2003 PotC game though. The other are regular movie tie-ins.
The PotC Build Mod includes a No-CD fix.

I have got PotC with build 14 beta working and have played 2 hours of the game and really enjoying it! ill see how it goes and report back weather PotC b14 is just and good, if not better than CoAS with GoF mod.

Back