• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates 3?

Akella Fan

Mephisto
I am curios to ask if Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships is the latest installment of the series. I loved this games and would like some more...I can see already the box of the game and the many bugs that will drive me crazy... :rolleyes:

There was a game in development, I don't know what it was called and I think it used new engine but as far as I know, it got either postponed or canceled.

It's on the backburner for now and I haven't heard any updates since.

From the few screens I've seen, it looked really great, although since the engine is new, we'd have to relearn everything I think.

That game would run on Gamebryo, and that engine is one of the easier to mod, actually I think it might be even easier than Storm (better easier tools, more stuff that could be added or changed). And with such huge modder community for Gamebryo's just imagine how many possible new members could join PA if that game would actually see daylight!

I went on the Seaward.ru forum and translated the page with google chrome, and i found an article about "screens from development of Corsairs 4" It had some really cool pirctures of a ship, some jungle, a cave, etcetera, but the graphics were awesome!! It made my beloved AoP 2 look like child's play!

I went on the Seaward.ru forum and translated the page with google chrome, and i found an article about "screens from development of Corsairs 4" It had some really cool pirctures of a ship, some jungle, a cave, etcetera, but the graphics were awesome!! It made my beloved AoP 2 look like child's play!

I think that would be it.

Here you go, I hope it works:
k4_s03_01109845.jpg

k4_s03_02109866.jpg

k4_s03_04109869.jpg

k4_s03_05109871.jpg

k4_s03_09109873.jpg

k4_s03_10109874.jpg

k4_s03_14109876.jpg

k4_s03_13109878.jpg

k4_s03_17109879.jpg

k4_s03_18109880.jpg

k4_s03_19109881.jpg

k4_s03_21109883.jpg

Saw some of those pics last year, with that kind of detail that game would be super, a true pleasure to experience!

I hope they get it off that blasted backburner and start working on it - graphically, as it stands, it could still compete for a little while. I think it looks great, but some of those effects, to those graphics-crazy gamers, will already look a little out-of-date.

Akella? Never. They pulled the plug on seaward.ru, who were working on it.
Then due to lack of funding, they had to go work on a different project.
That's the last news I heard, but that was by now quite a while ago. Over a year, I think.

I found a post on their forums which seems quite relevant to this topic. It's from April 7th of 2011.
Current plans of studio., a little answers.

Is alien time to record the current and long-range plans of the studio Of seaward-Games, which will help to avoid the [opredelennye] rumors and to save the mass of energy of good [forumchan].

Taking into account:

- the mentioned repeatedly problem,
- play realias of the beginning of second decade 21 of century,
- the special views of investors on the play business of our time,
- the large selection of play projects and the cut-throat competition between them,
- the old traditions Of seaward as social association,
and so,
- without desiring to reject the great dream to return to the [singlpleernomu] project, which originally has concept and code name Of [k]4,
following strategy of studio was selected:

1. to create base scaled [Multiplatformennoe] and [Multizhanrovoe] ([MMM]!) the nucleus of play project to the sail- sea thematics, which makes it possible to create realistic sea spaces, is correct and is beautiful to imitate the behavior of sail ship, which has strong [multipleernyy] component with all associated elements ([achivmenty], ratings, arena, tournaments, [battlgraundy]), with the built-in mechanisms of conducting sea [boev] aboard the ships of different classes (taking into account of sail armament, wind, instruments, charges), that has the capability of the connection of islands and land locations, with the valuable support of the [animirovannykh] play characters, the variable interface, and also the rapidly connected play mechanisms and rules.
2. to invest forces, skills and starting capital to the production of marine net battalion commander with the best [geympleynymi] elements of the successful games of this genre (Counter Of strike, Battlefield, World of Of tanks and others) with the optimum methods of the attraction of profit into the project.
3. to create conditions for the addition to the game of the new and progressive elements of net [geympleya] (socialization, [krafting], nation, general adventures and event) with the active participation of fans. To c[formirovat] the council of players and play clans (analog EVE Of online), whose representatives will participate in the process of development of the current renovations.
4. on the base of that developed Of seaward-Games of net design, using accumulated by recreation area [kontent] and balanced [geympleynye] mechanisms, during the attraction of additional financing to approach the [singlpleernomu] [multiplatformennomu] play project to the sail- sea thematics with strong parallel [multipleernoy] component, which ensures the cooperative passages of the topical sections of game and the joint battles.

Information to the reflection:

The active operation of studio during in all the 3rd months close drew it nearer point 2 mentioned above, but works on [p].1 there are still very many. Although from that enumerated much is already prepared. But everything they understand, that the complete fulfillment of the first of [proizoydet] only with the completion of the second.
The current version of project is based on the use of a play cursor Of unity, which gave the mass of the finished solutions for the realization of [p].1. However, let us allow itself a little pride for the elements, created over the standard components of this cursor.
We do not exclude passage to another play cursor, especially in point 4, to these will as soon as be their conditions and possibilities.

The problem, is what I think Pieter is talking about, funding. From that horrible translation, I think they're trying to say they hope to return one day to K4, which I think is Kocapi 4 (sp), in other words, probably that game we're all waiting and wishing for but, instead they have decided to go with making some kind of MMO or a game with a huge chunk of it dedicated to MP. Lastly, they say "beginning of second decade 21 of century" which sounds to me like a future game from them will have a modern day setting.

From this post (reading both the original post and this silly translation) they are only talking about future "strategy" of the studio. Seems like they are going to found the K4 with MMO type of the game (not sure if it's going to actually be MMO, since they talk only about multi-genre, multi-platform game with "strong multiplayer component" included).

And that "second decade of the 21st century" stuff - translation is really confusing - from my limited knowledge of russian it says "game realism (or reality) of early second decade of the 21st century" - apparently the analysis of the competition or something like that.

Why has Seaward/Akella switched to the Gamebryo Engine? I mean, the storm engine, despite its many flaws, was very nice. I'm gonna miss it. Is the Gamebryo Engine easy to mod?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebryo#Games_using_Gamebryo - looks like it might be easily mod-able (at least if you take in to the account all 4 Bethesda games based on it) but...

The current version of project is based on the use of a play cursor Of unity, which gave the mass of the finished solutions for the realization of [p].1. However, let us allow itself a little pride for the elements, created over the standard components of this cursor.

In this funny translation they are talking about switching to Unity game engine ( http://unity3d.com/unity/ ), for this one however I have no idea how easily mode-able it is.

Interestingly enough, it does appear they lauched this game. There are some "Lets Play" vids for it but they're all in Russian. The GUI allows you to plug in whatever name you like. It also looks like there are a lot more collectable goods (especially in terms of food). There are big crabs on the beach and you can kill them for food. There are also many more characters, GUI functions, hull improvements, deck/fight views, and locations.

There is a version after that doesn't look like they launched yet.

So my only question is......where is the English version? If we could at least get a hold of the code, we could start translating the diologue ourselves. One of my sons is a Russian linguist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwv8_ADu5K4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPXpOZleuHE&feature=related

MK

Isn't that a Russian modpack for CoAS? it still looks like a Storm-engine based game and not at all what they had planned for Corsairs 3.

The last I heard, Seaward was working on some form of online multiplayer game, and had given up on Corsairs 3 all together. I have no idea if this is it or not, but I agree, this definitely is some form of Storm engine based mod. It is a pretty elaborate one that has to have used the source code, that interface is almost completely new.

Nice find MK! I haven't even looked at Seawards site for six months or so, I'll do some snooping around when I get a chance and see if I can figure out what that is.

Back