• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates 3?

You don't need source code for interface work. At all. Proven extensively by the PotC Build Mod.

I really don't think this is a modpack. This is a new game and it's not Corsairs. If you look at the corsairs GUI and characters, they are not the same as this. If you look through all of these Russian "Lets Play" vids like the ones I posted earlier in this thread, you see a completely new Title screen that is titled Age of Pirates 3 in Russian. The GUI is so dramatically different that it has to be a new game. Also there are new fighting animations and highlight functions. That is a completely NEW GUI in every way. Also notice that these vids were posted just this last December 2011. This is a new game, I'm certain of it.

All I can say is "Me Wants It!"

I will continue to research.

MK

I definitively don't think its a new game. As Pieter mentioned, its still using the storm engine, and it looks more like a heavily modded AOP. Too bad there isn't an english version, it looks amazing! :cheeky

I didn't look at the videos due to lack of time, but I won't deny it is a new game; maybe it is. What it is NOT is their original idea for Corsairs 3.
But if you consider... PotC is a completely different game from Sea Dogs code-wise and resource-wise, but AoP is actually based on a lot of the PotC files.
CoAS relies even more on the files from both PotC and CoAS and literally is a modpack released as a new standalone game.
This might be a similar situation as it is clearly another Storm-engine based game. What I'd like to know is if it's still Storm 2.8 or if they went past that yet.

I definitively don't think its a new game. As Pieter mentioned, its still using the storm engine, and it looks more like a heavily modded AOP. Too bad there isn't an english version, it looks amazing! :cheeky

Are you sure it's using Storm Engine? Did you look at the fighting animations and at the water effects. The water effects are completely different than either POTC or COAS/AOP. The fighting animations look more like POTBS than AOP with the highlighted circles and the overhead camera view. All the new characters look incredibly polished and the new creatures are amazing. One of the vids even shows spiders - and you can kill the creatures - they are not like the static background models we currently have with lizards, mice and birds. That is completely new blocks/strings of decently complex coding/animation.

I admit the GUI could have possibly been modded, but it has a completely new presentation and layout and triple the available tabs in the current Akella games. That means triple the new functions. That's a lot of modded code gents.

I still think its a new game. If it is a mod-pack, then it is a complete overhaule of everything previous. If it is a modpack - where can we get it?

Look at this incredible character selection interface.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4WhOD1SkkI&feature=autoplay&list=SPA881EC2FD4109CA6&lf=list_related&playnext=2

MK

Are you sure it's using Storm Engine? Did you look at the fighting animations and at the water effects. The water effects are completely different than either POTC or COAS/AOP. The fighting animations look more like POTBS than AOP with the highlighted circles and the overhead camera view. All the new characters look incredibly polished and the new creatures are amazing. One of the vids even shows spiders - and you can kill the creatures - they are not like the static background models we currently have with lizards, mice and birds. That is completely new blocks/strings of decently complex coding/animation.

I admit the GUI could have possibly been modded, but it has a completely new presentation and layout and triple the available tabs in the current Akella games. That means triple the new functions. That's a lot of modded code gents.

I still think its a new game. If it is a mod-pack, then it is a complete overhaule of everything previous. If it is a modpack - where can we get it?

MK

Yeah, I'm pretty sure its actually a mod for AOP. The animations are identical, as well as GUI similarities. The Interface and water are just modded. AOP was the only game in the series that had different animations and a unique feel, COAS is just a updated version of POTC sadly, kind of a step backwards. But I always keep a open mind, it could be a new game, but if it was, its kinda sad that they aren't really changing the formula, just doing the same thing over and over again, borrowing from past games, mods, etc.

As I said, it could be a modpack-turned-new-game like CoAS. It's clearly not the same as CoAS itself and they did add all sorts.
But it is based on CoAS itself and not a 100% new game. But then the last 100% new game in the series was PotC.

It's not this:
Is it?

This did lead me to have a look at www.seaward.ru, but I found no updates there. What IS there is links to "unofficial patches". Might be worth checking that out for new content!

Also... what is this? www.Seaward-Online.ru

Look at this incredible character selection interface.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4WhOD1SkkI&feature=autoplay&list=SPA881EC2FD4109CA6&lf=list_related&playnext=2
That video shows VERY clearly that it is indeed based on CoAS. I'm sure if we had any coders here who knew their way around the game's interface code, they could add that into the game.
The only thing I see that's different than usual there is having an interface in the same screen as the 3D world; we definitely DON'T have that in PotC,
but CoAS has that for the main menu, so they probably used something similar.
I've said many times in the past that things are not possible in these games and have been proven wrong on more than one occasion, so you can trust me when I say the opposite. :wp

It IS a modpack for AOP (they call the game Corsairs 3.). Translated it would mean 'Seadogs 3 - Dead man's chest'
doff.gif

As far as I know there are no plans for english version.

Seaward did give up on the new game because of lack of financial support.

Oh.... THAT's Dead Man's Chest? I remember that; was a modpack for AoP same as CoAS. Think that was released after the Russian CoAS release, but before the Western one.

It IS a modpack for AOP (they call the game Corsairs 3.). Translated it would mean 'Seadogs 3 - Dead man's chest'
doff.gif

As far as I know there are no plans for english version.

Seaward did give up on the new game because of lack of financial support.

Yeah I knew it had to be a AOP mod. Looks amazing, with the amount of stuff they have added and fixed. Makes me want to learn Russian to play it :D

That interface would make modding a bit easier for those who can't use the GM viewer for characters.

Pieter, I am pretty sure that is the MMO they have been working on since they dumped K4.

Thanks for the conformation IRF! That character creation interface would sure look good in G.O.F, there are few other things that would be nice to have as well. Perhaps we can "borrow" a few ideas, they have sure borrowed enough of ours over the years! :wp

Pieter, I am pretty sure that is the MMO they have been working on since they dumped K4.

Thanks for the conformation IRF! That character creation interface would sure look good in G.O.F, there are few other things that would be nice to have as well. Perhaps we can "borrow" a few ideas, they have sure borrowed enough of ours over the years! :wp

Yep, that's the site for their online project.
I'm sure the new interface is really possible to add. Maybe not only the character, but also a modified version of it for viewing ships at bay?
I doubt russians would have problems with us borrowing their ideas. They did not only borrow PA ideas, but ship and character models aswell
rolleyes.gif
Although, that modpack might be sold as a standalone game on Russian market. Also I'm not sure if it's Seaward's mod, might be some other group's (there are couple of em, ie BlackMarkStudios or whatever they're called)

Yep, that's the site for their online project.
I'm sure the new interface is really possible to add. Maybe not only the character, but also a modified version of it for viewing ships at bay?
I doubt russians would have problems with us borrowing their ideas. They did not only borrow PA ideas, but ship and character models aswell
rolleyes.gif
Although, that modpack might be sold as a standalone game on Russian market. Also I'm not sure if it's Seaward's mod, might be some other group's (there are couple of em, ie BlackMarkStudios or whatever they're called)

I think this is an awesome idea if we could add this to GOF. If we could ask around seaward perhaps we can get more info where this is from, thou if its from dead mans chest we can just ask for the files. :keith

I did a check, and turns out it is sold as a standalone game. It's an official addon by 'Akella'. This might complicate things since it's published by different company '1C', not 'Playlogic'.

I did a check, and turns out it is sold as a standalone game. It's an official addon by 'Akella'. This might complicate things since it's published by different company '1C', not 'Playlogic'.

Hmm, I guess all we can do is ask, it won't hurt. :shrug
Did you see any contact info?

They did not only borrow PA ideas, but ship and character models aswell
rolleyes.gif

Aye mate, that they have! What is really annoying is the fact that they absolutely refuse to acknowledge our contributions at all. I know for a fact that is part of the reason why some of the old modders and moddelers are not around anymore. Most of us would be proud they had used our work if they would simply just acknowledge the fact that we created them!

It doesn't surprise me that 1C is involved, most of the old Sea Dogs and POTC team is now with 1C, or at least were long enough to finish Captain Blood. That one has been done for over a year now and still no release date. :rolleyes:

I wish I was a coder, I would be all over modding that interface for G.OF.! :modding

Aye, I hear you, mate. I did notice many ship mods that didn't include any info on who modeled them, only who collected them. Blasted PIRATES
thwalkplank.gif

Are you guys 100% sure they have used PA modders work? Have they ever asked permission? If not, why don't we just download dead mans chest and take a look at the code?

Forgot its an official add on, so I'm guessing we would have to buy it then.

Back