• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates 3?

Absolutely positive mate. Akella did the same thing with some code from the LIB for the original Sea Dogs. They fixed a lot of bugs that were included with Akella's official English patch for the game. I was on the Sea Dogs forum, and also over at Ellaybe Island a bit at the time. They did the exact same thing with parts of our code for the first patch of POTC, and actually used our code in AOP as well.

No acknowledgment at all that we as a community had any part in it. Personally, I couldn't care less about their rubles, but it would be nice if they at least acknowledged our existence. Without us, they would have sold a LOT less copies of their games, and those players would have had a lot less support.

Illegal? Probably not, we don't have money or lawyers. :shrug

Immoral and unethical are totally different questions however.

One thing I miss from AOP is the fighting animations, as well during boarding how the camera had that tilt effect , way better then the same old bland POTC animations I've seen for how long in POTC and oddly COAS. AOP also had neat icons for items and a proper interface for ship upgrades, as well as buildings on fire during sacking a town. Don't know why they dumbed it down in COAS. I know this post is kinda off topic, but is there a way to port this into COAS by using the AOP files? I wouldn't mind starting a project with this ... well maybe try to inspire who has the modding skills ...

We should also try to get that interface aswell, and if we can not contact the creators of DMC, create are own that is similar.

IS there a way? I would expect so, yes. Don't know how, but it's probably doable. Probably not simple either.

From what I have seen, even if we did get the DMC, it could be impossible to use the code due to it being unavailable as in AOP you have PROGRAM folder, but the Russian version did not have that. It was hardcoded or something, and only after the Russian modders pleaded, only then they got it open as we had it from the start. We were already lucky. In Russia, they actually tend to protect their products far more than they do in western world.

Here's a post that seems to be of a similar vein: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17270-help-colony-management/

I watched some episodes of that 'let's play' that MK posted earlier, particularly the beginning, and I must say there are some very interesting functions shown. Also I might be wrong, but it seemed that developers made DMC into point-and-click an enemy to fight him kind of game. Honestly, it looks like a PotBS or VCO prototype kind of game to me, some sort of blend between singleplayer and mumorpuger
laugh.gif
I wonder how it all works... kind of curious, might even get a copy if I can find one.

Also, the video Pieter posted (the one with fancy character selection interface) is for yet another addon or mod or whatever for CoAS (not AOP as with the case of DMC) and is available for download freely (in russian)

So we CAN add that interface, all we need to do is translate. That would make a good addition to GOF 1.2

Your right about it being point and click, and if I'm not mistaken, there seems to be new locations as well (never seen that beach before):

http://www.youtube.com/user/ddron11#p/u/36/WPVxN0laMyA

So we CAN add that interface, all we need to do is translate. That would make a good addition to GOF 1.2

I don't see why we couldn't, unless there are some hidden rocks in all this, as the russian teams seem as if competing against each other
duel_pa.gif

Anyways, coding is not my expertise, but I could help if any of russian texts needed to be translated

I like the rocking camera for the ships cabin. They sure made it bloody too, too bloody IMO.

It's only available with full mod. I'll download it and see what files were changed

Awesome mate, cheers! I really feel like were on to something here :dance

I like the rocking camera for the ships cabin. They sure made it bloody too, too bloody IMO.

Yeah I love that camera effect, it happens during boardings as well. The blood is the same as in COAS, doesn't really bother me tbh, its low res anyway.

Okay. If you want the Russian version of the game: http://torrent-games.net/news/korsary_antologija_2000_2007_tg/2011-03-25-13003 here you have it.
But I guess we need a translater. There is no English version yet :p

Okay. If you want the Russian version of the game: http://torrent-games.net/news/korsary_antologija_2000_2007_tg/2011-03-25-13003 here you have it.
But I guess we need a translater. There is no English version yet :p

Isn't that City of Abandoned Ships :?

Or is it a combination - Anthology of all 3 games - Caribbean Tales - Pirates of the Caribbean - CoAS - plus some Russian mods.

:mm

Back