• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates 3?

Your right about it being point and click, and if I'm not mistaken, there seems to be new locations as well (never seen that beach before):

http://www.youtube.com/user/ddron11#p/u/36/WPVxN0laMyA

Can't say I'm a fan of point and click :urgh

There's a bit of a mess-up with Corsairs series.
In Russia all published games were called Corsairs (except PoTC) with numbers from 1 to 3.
In Western editions they were called differently: Sea Dogs, Age of Pirates etc. for some marketing/branding reasons.
CoAS (the last official product) is some sort of standalone addon to Corsairs 3.
So the project under development is (was?) Corsairs 4 aka K4 (Russian "Корсары 4").

Fresh news which is actively discussed here in Russia for last few days are that pre-release version of K4 (and rights to all groundwork) was bought by Wargaming.net, well-known developer/publisher of MMO World of Tanks and upcoming World of Warplanes and World of Battleships.
With some sort of non-compete agreement with Seaward.
So there will be no new Pirate game from Seaward for at least 2 years.
Will WG develop and publish K4 (or whatever it will be called now) is unknown for now. But it will be (if any) MMO for sure.

Fresh news which is actively discussed here in Russia for last few days are that pre-release version of K4 (and rights to all groundwork) was bought by Wargaming.net, well-known developer/publisher of MMO World of Tanks and upcoming World of Warplanes and World of Battleships.
Will WG develop and publish K4 (or whatever it will be called now) is unknown for now. But it will be (if any) MMO for sure.

Sounds like bad news for us. Another two years without a new game AND, the game that could have been might be turned into an MMO which means no modding and suscriptions or if it's a F2P game, we'll have to buy the things we like or want.

Okay. If you want the Russian version of the game: http://torrent-games.net/news/korsary_antologija_2000_2007_tg/2011-03-25-13003 here you have it.
But I guess we need a translater. There is no English version yet :p

Well lucky i am a russian so if you tell me what i have to translate i would be happy to do so :D

Okay. If you want the Russian version of the game: http://torrent-games.net/news/korsary_antologija_2000_2007_tg/2011-03-25-13003 here you have it.
But I guess we need a translater. There is no English version yet :p

Well lucky i am a russian so if you tell me what i have to translate i would be happy to do so :D

That's a mighty task for one man to undertake, good luck if you try to translate the game! You'll make lots of people here happy :onya

This torrent is just a bundle of Corsairs-series games: Corsairs I, II, III and all official (CoAS, RotL etc) and some unofficial addons.
I believe most of them (maybe all) were published worldwide, some with different names in English.

Well, that's defenitely bad news. WG's World of Tanks is an online free to play game, but players can get pretty significiant advantages by buying premium tanks and consumables with real money. It's not an MMO, but it has progression - real grind for non-premium players. They are also known for releasing content months after promised release - WoT was basically released in beta status.

I see how WoT's gameplay model can work well with age of sail themed game, but WG exscels at creating frustrating pay2win games - don't get your hopes up.

Has anyone heard anything new? I'm really interested in a new age of pirates game. Pirate themed games have always been a favorite of mine, however unfortunately there aren't many of them it seems. Age of pirates was like a fucking god send, a free roaming pirate game with RPG elements in it? Age of pirates, although flawed because of some of the fatal bugs it has and a few other things that bring the game down, I have not had more fun playing another piratey themed game before :l.

You'll have to wait a little longer for HoO:CotS, but it'll be worth it.

As far as I'm aware, Corsairs 4 is officially NOT happening. So don't hold out for that one.

It's a shame they didn't make an english release of aop 3, but can't wait for any further mods you guys release for #2! and i'm stoked for the in house project :)

Back