• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales - Historical Immersion Supermod

Unfortunately I have no time at the moment and no access to the AoP game files, so there is nothing I can do until I get back home from sea.
But that'll still be more than a month from now. :(

EDIT: I now have been able to start the game. However there are missing ships from the shipyard. The right amount of ships display, but the links are broken for the following:

Light Sloop
Grand Caravel
Barquentine (picture)
Xebec (picture)
Both Light and Heavy Frigate.

EDIT2:
WOW!xD What a difference!
I linked the ships wrong in ships_init.c
All ships showed up on the Shipyard Interface correctly. Now to just get the pictures in on pictures.ini!

Last edited:
Pictures.ini complete.

All ships are working except the Heavy Frigate which has cannon locators missing so I have to replace it.

Also the death event causes the game to crash to the desktop using the 1.5.0 unmodded seadogs and seadogs_test files, so I'm going to merge the current files with the one from the old supermod so that the videos still play, but the death event doesn't cause crashes.

Can someone post the RESOURCE Directory from POTC New Horizons or please tell me which installer installs the resource folder? Im going to take the new frigate model from there.

Last edited:
Mod work is very nearly done. I have to reinstall AOP: CT to get the full effect. I'll also be doing some ship rebalancing with cannons and hull durability within the target ship class. For example if I am testing the class 6 ship I will try to equalize their values so no one ship is so overpowered that it wouldn't matter which ship you would use.

Each ship up in the line is supposed to be an upgrade (if upgrading for pure warship capabilities), but I will make it impossible for a lugger to take on a manowar and successfully capture it. It would take at least a light frigate and a little luck to catch a manowar. So, to summarize, it would take a ship of two classes below minimum to capture the target ship but anything below that value has no chance of capturing it, but it will be able to escape with a few less paisters in their pocket or at least without being blown to pieces if you play the ship right.

Ship re-balancing done. Battle_Interface .c is unmodifiable for the new ships. Just have to make a video for the community and compress the mod into an archive.

Sounds absolutely great!

I won't be able to make an installer file for at least another month, but you can try to do it yourself.
This is the tutorial I have written in the past on how I make the PotC: New Horizons installer:
I use this installer program: http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
And this program to compile the script: http://hmne.sourceforge.net/

- Use "New script from wizard" in HM NIS Edit
- Use all default settings; you can change some as required just so the final script will be shorter. For example, remove shortcuts and no uninstaller program.
- Add the folder with all the new files, selecting "Always overwrite"
- Select and copy all the text under "MainSection"
- Copy this text into "b14_beta3_installer.nsi" and paste it under "Install UPDATE Files" replacing the code that is already there
- Press the "Compile Script" button to make the new installer EXE

This archive contains all files you should need to recreate the latest Installer EXE:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/TEMP/potc_installer_files.7z

Important: Include ALL files that are different from the original Beta 3 files so the installer remains compatible.
Also, if anything needs to be done with existing files, such as renaming or removing, that can be done through code here:
Code:
; ================================================
;  Clean Up Update Files
; ================================================

Delete "$INSTDIR\PROGRAM\INTERFACE\pause.c"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\PROGRAM\Storyline\WoodesRogers\dialogs\pircap defense_dialog.c"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\PROGRAM\Storyline\WoodesRogers\dialogs\English\pircap defense_dialog.h"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES\pause.ini"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\INI\NEW_INTERFACES\pause.ini"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\Characters\64Bl0.tga.tx"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\Characters\64Bl1.tga.tx"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\Characters\64Bl2.tga.tx"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\Characters\64Bl3.tga.tx"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\Characters\Blaz1.tga.tx"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\Characters\Blaz2.tga.tx"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\Characters\Blaz3.tga.tx"
  Rename $INSTDIR\RESOURCE\MODELS\Ammo\OtherItemsJRH\defense.gm           $INSTDIR\RESOURCE\MODELS\Ammo\OtherItemsJRH\defence.gm
  Rename "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\128\AdvancedDefense.tga.tx"     "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\128\AdvancedDefence.tga.tx"
  Rename "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\128\BasicDefense.tga.tx"        "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\128\BasicDefence.tga.tx"
  Rename "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\128\ShipDefenseProfessional.tga.tx"   "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\128\ShipDefenceProfessional.tga.tx"
  Rename "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64\AdvancedDefense.tga.tx"     "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64\AdvancedDefence.tga.tx"
  Rename "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64\BasicDefense.tga.tx"        "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64\BasicDefence.tga.tx"
  Rename "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64\ShipDefenseProfessional.tga.tx"   "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64\ShipDefenceProfessional.tga.tx"
  Rename "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64Disable\AdvancedDefense.tga.tx"     "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64Disable\AdvancedDefence.tga.tx"
  Rename "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64Disable\BasicDefense.tga.tx"       "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64Disable\BasicDefence.tga.tx"
  Rename "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64Disable\ShipDefenseProfessional.tga.tx"   "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PERKS\64Disable\ShipDefenceProfessional.tga.tx"

Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Ammo\BuildingItemsJRH\wood_short_logs.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Ammo\BuildingItemsJRH\wood_short_standing.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Ammo\BuildingItemsJRH\wood4_item.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Ammo\OtherItemsJRH\bottle_AC1.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Ammo\OtherItemsJRH\bottle_AG1.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Ammo\OtherItemsJRH\bottle_AN1.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Ammo\OtherItemsJRH\bottle_AY1.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Ammo\OtherItemsJRH\bottle_AS1.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Locations\inside\Chinese_restaurant\locator.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Locations\inside\Sklad_gunpowder\sklad_locators_gunpowder.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Locations\inside\Sklad_gunpowder\bottle_MC1.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Locations\inside\Sklad_gunpowder\bottle_MG1.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Locations\inside\Sklad_gunpowder\bottle_MN1.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Locations\inside\Sklad_gunpowder\bottle_MS1.gm"
  Delete "$INSTDIR\RESOURCE\Models\Locations\inside\Sklad_gunpowder\bottle_MY1.gm"
I hope that makes sense to you. :doff

Also: Welcome to the Storm Modders group! About time you were added, don't you think? :cheers

Thanks for your ideas and input Pieter. I really appreciate all that you have done to make this mod a success.

On a personal note I never thought I'd be talking to you of all modders on these forums! You were the one person I was most anxious to meet and work with. In the past I had watched your forums for many years a anonymous user to see what you are all about. A few weeks ago when I knew more about the community and had the maturity to make wiser decisions, I decided to finally create this account to share some of my modding ideas with the world. In the modding world as far as I am concerned you are my idol and mentor. Your input, posts and contribution to this community sparked my passion for modding after I found out about starforce when I purchased Age of Pirates. Now 4 years later I was able to work with you, give birth to a new mod and give a new future for Age of Pirates!

From the deepest feelings from my heart.... Thank You!:onya

Ill have the Mod packed on dropbox tomorrow.

Here is the Mod Preview! I Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
I am most honoured by your comments. Glad to hear that my efforts these past years then have not been in vain.
We've always tried to be a community where everybody can be welcome, so I'm very happy to see that we've been able to convince you to join!
After all, I started lowly as well and ended up as sort-of community leader pretty much completely by accident. :doff

Your work here is quite a surprise to me, but a welcome one indeed.
Nice job on that trailer too. I have now advertised it on our main page, Facebook and Twitter accounts.

If you get a ModDB account, I can set you up so that you can post to the Supermod page there too. :cheers
http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-pirates-supermod

Last edited:
I am most honoured by your comments. Glad to hear that my efforts these past years then have not been in vain.
We've always tried to be a community where everybody can be welcome, so I'm very happy to see that we've been able to convince you to join!
After all, I started lowly as well and ended up as sort-of community leader pretty much completely by accident. :doff

Your work here is quite a surprise to me, but a welcome one indeed.
Nice job on that trailer too. I have now advertised it on our main page, Facebook and Twitter accounts.

If you get a ModDB account, I can set you up so that you can post to the Supermod page there too. :cheers
http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-pirates-supermod

Ill do that while Im compressing the mod Pieter. My alias will be the same in ModDB. Im Ready to be set up and join the community group in ModDB.

:oops:On the other hand I just beat to a different drummer in a way. High functioning autism is the brains behind my ideas and persona (bright, intelligent, very good academics (3.5), National Honor Society member, etc). Sorry if I'm bragging too much, but I rarely tell anyone at school this. Most of them are Athletic people that bully me:(. IB Diploma Programme and over reliance on technology are the norms here. Man, the Midwestern US states are stubborn.

I do a lot of things:
- I Play Bassoon in the band and soon a top grade youth orchestra.
- I play World of Tanks to satisfy my World War 2 craving.
- I play Age of Pirates to satisfy my Age of sail cravings.
etc.

EDIT: I am signed up for ModDB. Compressing Mod as I type this message.

EDIT 2: Uploaded to Dropbox.

Last edited:
I've invited you to join the PiratesAhoy! group on the ModDB now. Once you accept, I'll set you up with the rights to post your mod to the AoP profile. :doff

:oops:On the other hand I just beat to a different drummer in a way. High functioning autism is the brains behind my ideas and persona (bright, intelligent, very good academics (3.5), National Honor Society member, etc). Sorry if I'm bragging too much, but I rarely tell anyone at school this. Most of them are Athletic people that bully me
That sounds quite familiar, really. Bit like myself, even. Of course then I went to work as an actual officer at sea.
Which is incredibly difficult, because it takes the other officers a LOT of time before they can accept me as a collegue. Figure that one out! :facepalm

I am now part of the community on modDB. I have actually thought long and hard about trying the Navy as an officer. Since my family has some history in the military I thought it would be a good thing to do to honor my grandfather's service.

I've invited you to join the PiratesAhoy! group on the ModDB now. Once you accept, I'll set you up with the rights to post your mod to the AoP profile. :doff

I am part of the group under the same username.

Please tell me when the webpage is set up for editing and how to edit. The interface of ModDB is unfamiliar.

I have now set you up with the following rights:
Add and edit downloads
Add and edit articles
Add and edit videos, images and audio
Add and edit mods

Now when you go to http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-pirates-supermod/downloads , there should be a new button that looks like a PLUS sign [+] .
Click this to get to the "Add a download" page. This same button applies for images, videos, news articles, etc.
You should now also be able to Edit the Mod Details here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/edit/age-of-pirates-supermod

I have actually thought long and hard about trying the Navy as an officer. Since my family has some history in the military I thought it would be a good thing to do to honor my grandfather's service.
Merchant navy for me. I work on a cruiseship. :wp

I have now set you up with the following rights:
Add and edit downloads
Add and edit articles
Add and edit videos, images and audio
Add and edit mods

Now when you go to http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-pirates-supermod/downloads , there should be a new button that looks like a PLUS sign [+] .
Click this to get to the "Add a download" page. This same button applies for images, videos, news articles, etc.
You should now also be able to Edit the Mod Details here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/edit/age-of-pirates-supermod
I am uploading the file to modDB now.
Merchant navy for me. I work on a cruiseship. :wp
Oh :bounce! I've heard that cruise ships aren't what they used to be nowadays. Still I honor your service. Who knows, maybe you can save a cruise ship:keith and get promoted to captain!

Is it supposed to take long to upload? File size compressed is 500mb.

EDIT: Oh I figured it out. It takes a LOONG time from the computer, but from dropbox when the file is part of the link, it takes 1 hour.

Last edited:
Looks like your work has been submitted to the ModDB now!
All we have to do is to wait until it is approved and I can advertise your work everywhere again. :doff

Oh :bounce! I've heard that cruise ships aren't what they used to be nowadays.
Things are definitely changing around. And I think eventually for the better.
But at the current rate, it'll take a LONG time to get to "better".
Who knows, maybe you can save a cruise ship:keith and get promoted to captain!
HA! That'll be the day! I definitely would do anything I can to save the ship. Or.... avoid getting into such a situation in the first place.
Not so easy though. Because there are a lot more people involved than just one.

Oh! I'd recommend NOT changing the old version of the modpack, but posting it as a NEW one instead.
Use this link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-pirates-supermod/downloads/add

Then at least people will get a notification that something NEW has been posted to the AoP profile.
Also, if you can, I'd recommend preparing a release article and post some screenshots so that more people get to see your work. :onya

Attached installer file should technically work for you if you call your 7-Zip archive 'GOF ERAs2.7z'.
Could you give that a try and let me know what needs changing in there? Should be easy enough to adapt for your modding work.

Questions:
- Do you have any installation instructions to replace the AoP 2 ones currently there?
- What is the default installation directory of AoP: CT?
- Is there any file icon that you would like to have used?
- Any further comments you might have

Attachments

• gof_eras2_installer.zip
    360.4 KB · Views: 258
Back